Heavy things to ponder --

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by ghrit, Sep 4, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

2005 Top Ten Thoughts to Ponder:

Number 10 - Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9 - Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8 - Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich!

Number 7 - Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 6 - Some people are like a "Slinky".....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Number 5 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Number 4 - All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Number 3 - Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?

Number 2 - In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2005:
    We know exactly where one cow with mad-cow-disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America, but we haven't got a clue as to where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration?!

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

:lol:

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah, ask me, I have the answers to the immigration problem.

4. ghrit

Like they used kill beeves? 6 lb hammer between the eyes?

5. E.L.

Actually they use a captive bolt these days. For really big animals like Buffalo they just shoot them. Poultry are stunned then bled out. No, We need an effective plan, like we us a HACCP plan identifying hazards and critical control points we would need a plan with control points. Point number one, put military bases at the border to secure it. Point number two, build a big wall around the country. Big and tall. Third, give those that want to come over here and work the opportunity, but they must be fingerprinted, a background check must be run, then once cleared they are given a work permit. Point four, they are taxed at a flat rate, that is higher than what a U.S. citizen making the same would be taxed and the taxes are taken out before they get a check. Fifth, give those already here 6 months to have their new permit in place. After that time those here illegally won't just be deported, but they will work in chain gangs cleaning the highways and performing public service for a as-yet-to-be-determined time, then they are deported not to the border, but to the southern most point in their country. If they return to the U.S. illegally they will server hard time for ten years. Not in a cush prison, but in a tent in the desert under the supervision of Sherrif Joe. I have heard numerous people say they are taking away U.S. jobs, and to some extent they are correct. But after working throughout the south I can honestly say that if you removed every illegal we had over night that numerous industries would shut down immediately. They do the job nobody else wants to, and they do it cheap. If they want to work, and contribute more in taxes then let a certain amount of them come over and do it, hell they are already. Sixth, don't give them free health care/child support/education. They pay for everything.

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

EL, I agree with all but 2 of the points. The idea of inprisoning them for 10 years, a bullet is a LOT cheaper than supporting and guarding a person for 10 years, if they have already been deported when they could have been here through legal means and come back after being deported...dont waste the extra money on them. Second is the education one (assumeing you are refering to thier kids in public schools) I figure as long as they are working for a liveing, here legaly and paying taxes then they get the full binifit of it includeing the schools for thier kids, if they arent working by choice (as opposed to layed up for a while due to injury or such, especialy work related) they loose the right to be here and are deported.
    Aside from that, sounds like a good plan.

7. E.L.

I might feel the same way, but my wife is a dual language teacher and these kids that come straight from Mexico have so many needs and extra expenses I don't feel as though the state should bear them all. I don't care if they pay $1 a day, they should contribute finanically to thier children's education. They get free lunches, free education, free healthcare, it goes on and on. For instance, I know of a guy that works in one of my plants. He is a good hand and over here legally. Well, one of his kids had some type of brain problem. They ran up a couple of hundred $ K in bills. And don't pay a dime. His wife had some type of problem last year and they ran up even more. She is a teacher's aid, and so the school teachers all chipped in $20 a piece to help them out. Well he decides he wants some time off so he quits work, leaving them in a lurch. So he and his wife use this as a two week vacation to go to Mexico. Then he comes back and wants his job back. So they hire him back. Well the wife decides they have enough money now that she doesn't even have to work anymore. Ok.... :eek: Then, on top of all of this he has a new pickup, she drives a nice car, and he has a bassboat. Then his wife tells one of the teachers they are looking for a house in our area, around $130K is what they are willing to spend (who, we, us, them? Kind of reminds me of someone else always begging for $$$) He is also the last one to drag in to work each morning, and the first one to leave everyday. He could be working some overtime each day, but won't. Yeah, my wife contributed $20, and they work the system every chance they get. Now, we just found out that she is pregnant again. Any idea who will bear the burden of the cost? Yes, the taxpayers.

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

E.L., come up to Idaho and watch some of these illegal aliens work their behinds off for little to no money just to support their kids so they can get a decent education. And then get ripped off because they are illegal aliens.

There are good and there are bad. There are those who work extremely hard and those who work every system out there for every penny they can.

But you can't just lump them all together because they are not all cut from the same cloth.

I've seen some of the conditions they live in up here and it's not by choice...and the farmers say they're being generous - bull! I call it slave labor. Very little wages and concentration camp living. And then people wonder why all sorts of things happen in the camps - heck if you were living seven or eight people in less than a 250 sq ft home with but minor facilities and basically owing almost as much as you make working the farms and orchards - you'd probably cause problems too.

Okay, I'm done with my rant for the evening.

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I figure the welfare state is a whole other issue as I figure 98% of it needs to be eliminated and certianly the imigrants dont need to be on it (unless a form of workers comp if injured on the job maybe). I also dont figure they need to get the free lunches or anything else and they need to be required to learn english prior to admitance to the schools, no special treatment, just that the kids get in the school and the chance to learn the same as the rest if the folks are paying the taxes also. No as far as them getting to come in and latch onto a tit from the gooberment pork I figure thats BS. The thing I cant figure (other than that Im an evil white guy) is how they can get goverment funded medical if they work, I tried to get help through the system when I screwed up a knee real bad and was makeing about $75/week and was told I made to much to qualify for ANY help.

10. E.L.

But TLynn, this is America and everyone has a choice. I have also seen them live 10-15 packed in a trailer, but it was by choice. They send all of their money home. That is customary. The do have a choice though, they can move and work somewhere else. I have seen so many thousands of them working in meat/poultry plants making a good living and still abusing the system. Hell, they will tell you how to do it. The can't believe it when you tell them that is not right. I remember back when I first started with the agency, they were making more money than I was. I worked two jobs and actually had people tell me I was stupid I could be getting assistance and taking advantage of the Gov.'s "generosity" and they couldn't believe that I would not. They shouldn't be treated like either prisoners, or citizens. They should however be held accountable to the laws that we have. The abusing the system is immoral, but until some reform takes place it will continue to happen. That is more of a Gov. subsidizing problem than anything.

11. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

E.L., the people I know are not taking advantage of the system. Then again Idaho doesn't have much of a system to take advantage of. Well we do but it's poverty level in and of itself. Are they sending money home, some are probably. Many more are not.

We live in different environments E.L., different regions. I've also seen the same as you have as well but I see it with people from Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. up here. Now they've got a sweet racket with making money and not having to do any kind of work (the government gives them everything).

12. ghrit

Hey, guys, this thread was supposed to be humorous. That said, the discussions that follow the initial pot shot are open and frank, and need airing

FWIW, I come down heavily on the side of "them as pays into the system, gets to take advantage of it." I have no particular problem with legal aliens, nor with giving them a helping hand getting started. Where I choke is when they get started and never get off the transitional grease. So far as helping the illegals, fuggedaboutdit. Send them back forthwith, and only once at that. A second "visit"would result in a month or 50 on work details, rented out to farmers, road crews, whatever, in leg irons. Each and every time thereafter would result in a longer term on the chain gang, used for the public benefit. (Yeah, the union"s might howl, but the work will be only drudgery that most citizens recognize as needful, but don't want to do it themselves.) No pay to send home, either. For the less able bodied, cleaning public facilities or other light duty, but forced and enforced. For the elderly and kids, send them home again, without their ablebodied caregivers or parents if need be, and let the country of origin deal with it. Cruel to the children? Perhaps so, I can't defend it other than to say that the originating governments have some responsibility for the situation as well, and the burden on them is then to call their citizens home.

I have no objection to long lines in front of US embassies around the world, wanting visas to enter and try for a new life here. It is honorable to want better opportunities. However, we need to open our doors in such a fashion that we can control the rate of entry in a way that is sustainable. Flooding is not going to do those that come in any good at all, we cannot, should not, and must not allow the burden of transitional entry and integration to overwhelm our economy. Our hearts may well rebel at the thought of such harsh measures, but our way of life has to come first, otherwise there will be no remaining reasons for coming here in the first place.

I leave the matter of our own home grown perpetual members of govenment handout taker's groups for another discussion. But briefly: Need? OK. Want? Fuggimall.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7