Gucci Glock build. LPK ?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by madmax, Mar 2, 2021.

1. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I'm having trouble implementing my Google Fu to find a Glock 19 LPK. I can find Chinese cheap kits. Don't really want them.
    Long shot I know but any ideas?

Thanks,
    Tony

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Man, you picked a hell of a time to try and find parts, everything seems to have flown off the shelves around here, ammo, reloading, and parts! Even some of the oddball stuff has gone!

Best of luck in your searching!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I am having the same problem, just wait till this madness dies down, and stay away from the inflated prices on flea bay and gun broker.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. madmax

lol. Yeah I know. But in my defense my frame got backordered (Been so long I thought I'd been scammed) and I've been waiting since before the wu flung du emergence last spring. Didn't see it coming. But my frame just came in. So now I'm fighting time trying to get parts before the "executive orders" start coming. I even ordered a lpk that ,from the price, is chinese jic. But I think I found some USA parts. Our local Glock store (having almost sold out) still has some nice slides. Snagged some mags today too.

I'm just glad I did see the ammo shortage and price increase.... all except 300BLKout subsonic. grrrr

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Slides and barrels are no problem, it is just the lower and slide kits that are sold out.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

The concept of 80% firearms were defined by the 1968 gun control act. Biden’s EO cannot over ride a law and will not hold water.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Don't use Google. Google will intentionally flood you with shit results such as toy, airsoft, video game results just because you are searching for gun related stuff.
    Also don't worry if you can't find anything instock, shit is still sold out everywhere.
    Also don't listen to the glock fan boi slash shrill crowd. They haven't chimed in yet, but they will, and then come back later and delete their comments. If they haven't already...

Gator 45/70, STANGF150 and madmax like this.
  8. madmax

Did I poke the hornets' nest? lol. I actually use a few other search engines (though they might be as bad as Google). I threw that out as a generic term. Thanks everybody for commenting. I've been working on this for a couple of days. I'm much more positive that I can complete this build quick.

oil pan 4, I've always poo pooed Glocks as Tupperware. But man you can't beat 'em for reliability. So this will be my one and only.

I'm a diehard 1911 guy. But That Commander is HEAVY! lol. I run a Kimber Micro 9 mostly. And if it's summer in FL, a .380 pocket pistol.

2 things I'm thinking about right now.
    1. The only revolver I own is a single six, Not the best self defense.
    2. I should add a .357 mag to the quiver. jic the shit rolls downhill on semiautos. I can at
    least still carry legally.

BTW the gun building is a great hobby. And that's all.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Nothing wrong with the glock concept. I think you will be much better off making your own.
    The main things I never liked about glocks is the unsupported chamber, but that appears to have been eliminated in the most recent generation.
    The pointless octagonal rifling. Glock still makes them that way, as far as I can tell no after market suppliers use octagonal. Get any barrel not made by glock and you're good.
    Go with a beaver tail.
    If you carry a round in the chamber. If, haha good one. Get one with an external safety. The traditional "glock safety on the trigger thing" is begging for a negligent discharge.
    Don't press the gun into the palm of your hand when you take it apart and you should be good to go.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. madmax

Thanks oil pan 4. My GST-9 frame has a beavertail.
    Yes for the chambered round. That is kinda a 1911 thing. I will have to research about changing the Glock safety. It has always bothered me. Maybe one of the top two reason I haven't got one yet. However, I carry a Ruger LCP when it gets stupid hot so I might be able to transfer to the Glock fairly easy. But I'll definitely check on installing a "real" safety. Not sure what you mean by pressing the gun into my palm. But I bet if I do I will. lol.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't know if a safety can be installed after. I was under the impression if you wanted one with an external safety you had to buy one already set up for it.
    Some one who has builta few could tell you.
    I believe the ruger LCP may have an unsupported chamber. So if you reload 9 just watch out for that.

12. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Glock Gen 3 pistols are the one’s that got rid of the unsupported chambers. The barrel’s that are available aftermarket do not have the polygonal rifeing.

The thing about building your own from a 80% frames is just like reloading, in the long run, you will spend more money than if you just went and bought factory Arms and ammo. I have everything for 80% AR10/15. Will expand to buy the tooling for 80% 1911’s and Sig 226/229 next.
    This is a rabbit hole that can swallow you up.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. madmax

RouteClearance, you're spot on. Though you answered some questions about the unsupported chambers and rifling.

I have several AR 80% done and happy to report no problems. This will be my first Glock clone. So far it's MUCH easier than the others.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Fascinating history of glock.

Accordion repair man, hahha snort.
    Whole new respect for the GAP cartridges.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. madmax

Well I just learned some things. Interesting vid. I was pretty ignorant of the Glock story. Thank you.
    Drilling, cutting, and sanding done. LPK has been dry fitted. Now whether to continue with the Gucci Glock concept or just a plain jane it. I kinda second thought the former. It'll live by our bed with an attached light or stuffed in a holster under clothes (No open carry in FL except when fishing, camping, hunting or directly on route to the range.). In other words, no one will see it but me, my wife, and a few trusted friends. Soooooo.... ?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Still have my upper and lower parts kits one month on back order.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

The correct term here is' polygonal' rather than 'octagonal'. (Last time I checked only two Glock models actually had octagonal rifling, and my G-21's were among them.)

The rest of Glock's model lineup all had hexagonal rifling. It's also true that toward the middle of 3rd generation production runs, Glock's cold forged barrels with their formerly sloppy and excessive chamber throats were significantly tightened up.

(With this being said: ALL of my Glock pistols are fitted with Bar-Sto Precision barrels; and, yes, these Bar-Sto barrels do make a significant improvement in both accuracy and reliability—With proper routine maintenance I've exceeded 40,000 + fired rounds without experiencing so much as a single hiccup!)

Me? I am a family man, and I do usually carry a Glock pistol in C-3. So far (and, yes, there have been occasions) empty chamber carry has neither slowed me down, nor turned my Glock into a proverbial 'brick'. (It's all in what you actually know how to do, are properly tuned into, and how often and well you practice!) I will also agree that the non-discretionary 'Safe Action' lever on all Glock triggers is a very difficult (and potentially dangerous) trigger mechanism for many inexperienced, or only lightly practiced gunmen to have to learn how to use.

'Pressing a Glock pistol into the palm of your hand' on disassembly is irrelevant—irrelevant! What you really need to do each and every time is to rack the slide, thrice, then lock it open, and do both a visual and tactile empty chamber check. (There is no other right way to disassemble a Glock!)

In my personal opinion, 'Gucci Glocks' are for children and wannabes. Glock slide speeds are already way too fast (hence the weak wrist phenomenon), and the standard slides are already way too light. Personally, I would never do anything to a Glock that required me to also tamper with the delicate balance between a Glock's 3 principal springs.

When it comes to one of my own EDC Glock pistols I want to keep it up and running with standard parts (and springs) that I can find almost anywhere. It ain't about how pretty a Glock looks, or how high its 'sex appeal' factor might be that counts. Instead it's how well a pistolero is able to 'blow out' the center of his targets at (say) 15 to 20 yards. THAT is what really counts!

Oh, and by the way, what Glock parts shortage are we talking about? Right now I could assemble an entire Glock pistol from a wide assemblage of aftermarket parts—All of them available from any number of different suppliers; but, then again, I have no interest in dropping my EDC trigger pulls down below 5 lb.

What actually counts while performing with a Glock pistol is how well (or not) a shooter is able to manage the trigger's reset point. Everything else is, as far as I am concerned, no more than silly 'fluff and gingerbread'.

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A deep the throat barrel helps reduce chamber pressure. I'm sure it was intentional and necessary.

19. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Ahh, . . . no! Trust me, I've got more than two decades of experience working on various problematic Glock pistols. The excessive throats on early generation Glocks were intended to mitigate the effects of polymer frame vibration (frame harmonics) and improve cartridge feeding reliability. Ain't got nothing to do, at all, with chamber pressure—Nothing!

20. madmax

Well now LG. That's an interesting take on it. As I sanded I thought and read and watched vids on the tolerances. My 80% is a GST 9. So a later (?) (gen 3) model. IDK. I'm going with a conservative approach and do some test firing.

Appreciate your input VERY much.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7