Got Food?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Jan 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Got this email yesterday.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Not that I doubt that food prices are going up..... I've been cringing a little more on every trip to the grocery (and watching the Melbo inflation thread).

But that absolutely sounds like a marketing gimmick.

3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

"But that absolutely sounds like a marketing gimmick."

I tend to agree with all of your post, especially the last part.

Internet grocer has always been sorta overpriced anyway....I never have bought anything from them.

The biggest problem I think folks should worry about is not increasing prices, as bad as that is....but the odds of an increasing chance the production and delivery system will break down with a financial collapse and leave the store shelves empty no matter how many "dollars" you are holding.

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I definatly dont doubt the increasing prices of food. I know we went to the store the other day and I know in particular we noticed a significant increase in the price of extra wide egg noodles and popcorn and we were just grabbing a few items.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Alanaana
    Thai Chilis
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 4, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    I enjoyed my 1st Thai Chili Pepper harvest.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 4, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. AgentPickle
  6. oil pan 4
  7. JC Refuge
  8. JC Refuge
  9. Alanaana
    Ribeye, bay scallops, and mushrooms
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Aug 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. JC Refuge
  11. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Dunerunner
  13. Dunerunner
  14. jefferson
  15. Dunerunner
  16. Dunerunner
  17. Dunerunner
  18. jefferson
  19. Thunder5Ranch
  20. Motomom34
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7