GOP Primary Candidates - Who is Your Choice?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Radio, Jul 31, 2023.

?
  1. Donald Trump

75.0%
  2. Ron DeSantis

6.3%
  3. Vivek Ramaswamy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mike Pence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nikki Haley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tim Scott

12.5%
  7. Larry Elder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other - Explain in Post

6.3%
  1. Radio

Radio Drain the Swamp

For me, it's a no brainer. Trump gets my vote. Who gets your vote and why?

Homer Simpson and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ron DeSantis for me. We Floridians like him. He's a Young Turk ready and willing to fight the corrupt Old Guard. He's a military vet, and has been very good for our state.
    While I generally like Trump, he did screw the pooch bigtime with his support of the Killer Vax. Though he did do a lot of good things for our nation, fighting The Swamp, I feel he is too old. Best thing he could do now is support DeSantis (give up his silly feud with him) and work to unify the true Republicans against the RINOs and dems. We need the stronger younger politicians in office.

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Trump, possibly with Haley as Veep, though she would make an excellent Secretary of State. Ramaswarmy and Scott need roles in that administration for experience and exposure.

On the (D)ark side only RFK Jr could possibly get my vote. They will run Newsom because he's tall and good looking because that's how uninformed voters vote.

Radio and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

DeSantis is doing such a great job in Florida that it's starting to make an impact in states that are (D)oing much more poorly. He would be my second choice for President, but in a way he might be doing more good by showing the population of other states how it's done.

Radio, Ura-Ki and CraftyMofo like this.
  5. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I am split between Desantis and Scott but it really doesn't matter Trump will win the primary and lose very sooper duper bigly in the general election, he is toxic to independents.

chelloveck, Radio and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I would much prefer DeSantis over Trump, but it's more likely we get stuck with the Donald, which is Ok, but not ideal! As long as we don't get the Gavster, we should be fine! Kennedy could be BAD, or he could be a lame duck, but I don't trust him with a wet bag of poop!

Trump threw us under the bus, and then lied about it! He swallowed the Koof bullshit and kept Fauxie on even though he knew he was lying like a rug! Trump also tossed Gun rights out the window, and that wasn't even the first time he did us dirty, there are plenty of videos of him cozying up to Dems and agreeing with them on gun control and all the other shit, I bet he even porked Canckles! Naw, Fuck that guy!

As I posted before, if it comes down to the Donald and a Dem, I gotta vote the Donald, but I ain't gonna like it none!
    I only hope SCOTUS rocks the Dems and their gun control and Chevron Before the elections, that makes ANYTHING second amendment so toxic that nobody would risk mentioning it or they are guaranteed political suicide, Plus, Trump makes the leftist heads 'Splode, so that's always good!

Sean Ryan did a interview with DeSantis a week or too back, and it was pretty good, and that fact DeSantis was the first of any politician to jump at the chance to do an interview with Sean, that it's self says something, and Sean has put out the call to ALL politicians who want to tell the people who they really are, come on his show, he will give them a platform to speak from! THATS AWESOME, and i'm not surprised DeSantis jumped head first to do it as soon as Sean offered!

Radio likes this.
  7. Radio

Radio Drain the Swamp

I tried to edit the poll and can't figure out how to edit Nikki Haley's name. I didn't mean to misspell her first name. If a moderator could edit that so that her name is spelled correctly, that would be awesome. :)(y)

Dunerunner likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Radio likes this.
  9. ByAnyMeansNecessary

ByAnyMeansNecessary Modern Day Renaissance Man

I'm torn between Trump, DeSantis, and Scott.

But I really like and agree with what Seawolf had to say.

I don't hold him as much at fault with the vax though, hindsight is always 20/20. Holding him responsible for what the vax push turned into isn't completely fair, IMO.

I guess I will go with DeSantis and Scott as VP.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gabbard involved in GOP presidential conversation.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    CraftyMofo, Tempstar and Radio like this.
  10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Trump was everyone's hero when he pushed things aside to get a vaccine so quickly, and now he gets condemned for it? No one knew at the time what a snake Fauci was (modern day Mengele in my opinion, and should be tried as such), or that the vaccine would turn out to be poison. All I know is that during the 4 years under Trump I saw more money in my pocket, cheap gasoline, no new wars, and generally a turning around for America, all things that I never imagined could be torn down so quickly. He certainly changed my mind about voting. Given a choice I will never vote for a career politician again. It was mentioned in the Federalist Papers, something about it being a duty to serve one or two terms and then go back to the farm and normal life.
    Tim Scott has gone from a nervous longshot winner to a master of saying what everyone wants to hear, a prime example of the office ruining the man. Nikki Haley was a great first term Governor, but only a mediocre one in her second term, another sign of political poisoning. Desantis may do a good job, but only with a Republican majority Congress. Ramaswamy and Elder aren't even in the running.
    Is Trump the best choice? Maybe not. Is he the best choice we have? Absolutely. We missed the boat with Ross Perot and I learned from it. I learned we need a business man running the business of our country, not someone who only is looking to further their own political agenda.

Homer Simpson, Radio and CraftyMofo like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well since I likely will not be alive to vote, I have decided to place my vote for than 80 year old Mouse, that DeSantis is fighting with… Score one vote for Mickey Mouse…
    Or maybe on second thought, how about Popeye the Sailor… A vet with a long standing, in that community, and a Vegetarian …. who stands against Bullies…

VisuTrac, Radio and chelloveck like this.
  12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I'm gunna say - None of the above. As the old saw from a bad movie once said -- It Just Doesn't Matter. Big Money will install whomever they want pulling the strings.

Should Trump,. thru some Miracle from Above, get elected, expect open warfare between the Deep State (entrenched Bureaucracy + Mass Media) and Trump's Executive Branch - or at least the little bit that will back him.---
    all of us peons will be trapped in between.

The Days of Choas will soon be upon us. And the Russians and ChiComs will be laughing their collective asses off over it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7