Goodbye Knob Creek

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I've attended the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot maybe 20 times over the past 40 years. I first read about it in the book, Unintended Consequences. many of the founding members here at Survival Monkey would attend and camp for the weekend. We'd cook fresh Gulf shrimps, test knives and gear, buy ammunition and parts. Righthand and I would often meet there and hang out all weekend. It was truly an iconic event. I became friends with the band, PokerFace, that plays there during the night shoot. I know members of the family that owns the range. Just one more piece of our history destroyed by those that have an agenda. They used "Insurance" this time. I had planned to attend this last shoot but gave up primarily due to the sheer number of folks attending.
    This Year is The End of Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

duane and VisuTrac like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

That's sad. I went in the fall for almost a decade before stuff got too expensive and my interests shifted. I always left the event with something in mind to make that I thought would be a hot seller. (Like portable 12v solvent tanks for cleaning nasty Uzi's and WWI trench periscopes for seeing over the crowd) The one I couldn't beat will always be the two guys with the stacks of Lowe's buckets. $10 a pop to get your girlfriend or kid up high enough to see the night shoot. What a deal. ;)

I will always have my memories of visiting the big show, with cigar smoke drifting in the air and the night shoot at KCR. Good times.

SB21 and duane like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The end of a era..... And the coming of TEOAF!

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We still have the big one here in Albany, but it's nothing compared to those shoots you guys have! Still, always fun to go, and there are always a bunch who love to let you try out their stuff! Got a post doctorate level course in the Maxim Machine gun the last time we went, whatta hoot!
    I know our state has been trying to shut this one down as well, can't have all these uppity Patriots playing with their patriot tools now, can we, Bunch of cucks!

SB21, duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I would have liked to have gone to Knob Creek, but now it's too late. There was a local machine gun shot several years back. I went and got to shoot a Thompson and .50 BMG sniper rifle. Now I want to fire a M-16, AK-47, Glock 9mm, and something belt-fed! Multi-barrel would be great...and very expensive.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I though you meant knob creek bourbon.

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[LMAO][LMAO]
    That might be more of a tragedy , than an end of an era ,,,

Dark Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7