good place NOT to shop

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by monkeyman, Oct 17, 2005.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://www.disasternecessities.com
    I placed an order with this company 14 days ago and they still havent bothered to ship my order. I emailed them 4 or 5 days ago and have not gotten a response so I tried calling them 3 days ago and got a recording telling be they had a lot of calls at that time and to leave a message and they would get back to me, they never have, so I emailed them again 2 days ago and still have not gotten any response and the order still has not shipped. They did have a note on thier site that they were running behind due to the huricanes (lots of orders not damage since thier adress is in Utah) and so I expected it might take as much as a week to ship but not 2 weeks+ and no response to inquires. They have decent selection and priceing but that isnt of much use when thier service is to poor to find out if you should expect the stuff with in the next couple of months or if it will be some time next year or just that the company took the money and shut down, I still have no idea.

2. monkeyman

Update; Well as of today the package still has not been sent acording to the tracking info on thier site but I did finaly get a response from them that said it should go out last week I thought but I will assume I read it wrong and that it can be expected to ship this week. If you are ever in a hurry to get any gear I definatly would not do business with this company, I know I wont be doing so again since unless it ships tomorrow it will be over 1 month from the time it was ordered before it ever even ships.
    Has anyone else ever done business with this company? Are they always this bad or is this purely due to the increased orders from the huricanes?

3. monkeyman

I wonder if it will help if I just start emailing these guys every day untill they ship my order? After a month of waiting for it to even ship Im seriously starting to wonder if this company is just some kind of scam.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

sorry to hear about this MM.
    Utah isnt that far away from me ;)

5. monkeyman

UPDATE

After my most recent nasty gram, the tracking info still didn't show as of yesterday that it had been shipped yet but it arrived today, one month after ordering it. So they do deliver their products and I'm happy with the PRODUCT but their customer service and delivery is slow and defiantly not good. Also the water filtering bottle I ordered came in the manufacturers box which states on the box that there is an insulated carry bag INCLUDED but it wasn't there, so it appears that this company removes them to sell separately.
    I did however look up the USA based manufacturer and they sell the same product to the public for 20% less and look to be a cool company though I have not dealt with them yet, I plan to. Here is a link to the manufacturer who's product I DO like. http://www.dhki.com/p_ball.htm

6. Quigley_Sharps

Glad to hear ya got it.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

So you bought some armor?
    cool. Have the GF test it and post pics :D

8. Quigley_Sharps

:D

9. monkeyman

No havent gotten that rich yet but got the $15 ($25 where I bought it) water bottle with the filter. lol

10. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

LOL, that link above took me to the Ballistic Plate section

11. monkeyman

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7