Recipe Golden Milk

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Mindgrinder, Nov 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

I tried this at work last week with coconut milk for the paste and honey for the golden milk....very interesting.

Golden Milk

"
    Here are the doses to make the turmeric paste:
    • 120 ml / (1/2 cup) of water, preferably mineral water (I didn’t used tap water because it has high levels of lime and these days it tastes of chlorine)
    • 60 ml / (1/4 cup) of turmeric powder (I'm not able to give you the weight because I measured it with cups)

Put the water and turmeric in a small saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Be careful because turmeric stains! When the mixture begins to thicken is ready. Pour it into a glass container, close it with a lid and store in the fridge.

For the golden milk:
    • 240 ml / (1 cup) of milk (you can use cow's milk, goat's milk or vegetable ones such as soy or rice milk)
    • about 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric paste
    • 1 teaspoon sweetener (honey, maple syrup or agave syrup or stevia), optional
    • 1/2 teaspoon of sweet almonds oil (make sure it's the edible kind) or cold pressed vgetable oil
    • 1 pinch of ground cinnamon, optional.

Heat the milk and stir in the turmeric paste until dissolved, add the sweetener, oil and cinnamon, stir and the drink is ready.
    You should drink the golden milk for at least 40 days but if you like it you can continue having this drink. Great for breakfast in the morning, you can have it in the evening as well and it help for a good night’s sleep.
    "
    ---------------

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

"Golden Milk" — A Turmeric Beverage to Fight Colds, Flu, and Even Depression

The article I read did suggest that you maybe prone to a sunburn while consuming Golden Milk so protect you skin.

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Ganado
  7. Homunculi
  8. Bishop