Germany wants their gold back

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by gunbunny, Jan 16, 2013.

1. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I just read this: Why Germany wants its 674 tons of gold back

Kind of scary when you see it all happen in front of you. I wonder if they will get a good rate for their gold, or if we will devalue it some more for a while. With LIBOR and QE#? it's no wonder they don't trust us anymore.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

yes, i heard rumblings that the dutch wanted theirs too. Me thinks there is going to be a run on the fed. gold vaults. I mean seriously, do you want to be the last ones to get theirs out, or do you believe the FEDs self audit program.

Seriously though, would you let someone hold your shiny gold metal to keep it save say .. 5k miles from your house or would you want to have it close where you can guard it from say .. Inflation? A super power saying, no you can't get it right now?

I don't blame any nation for not trusting the bankers, even if it is the bankers that don't trust another nations bankers.

We are about to see the problem with Fiat currency up close an personal before too long.
    Fiat is by decree and trust. once the trust is gone. Wipe your a$$ with it time.

3. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

ditch witch and VisuTrac like this.
  4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

My bet is that gold is long gone.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and Brokor like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

wouldn't that be a pisser. Germany would invade NYC during a meeting of the UN. That would be great. There aren't going to be any guns to protect it anyway because of the states' legislature and governor. Shortsighted to say the least. Oh well, maybe that will be an example of why the other 56 er 55 er 49 states shouldn't give up their firearms.

6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

They might have more luck looking for it in China.

ditch witch likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7