Gaston Glock has died

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Dec 29, 2023.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The man who created Glock firearms died on the 27th.
    07/19/1929 - 12/27/2023
    upload_2023-12-28_23-7-55.
    GLOCK Inc. | GLOCK Pistols | Buy Guns Online
    Cue up the folks who don't like Glocks
    There was quite an age difference between him and his wife, I wonder what will happen to the company.

upload_2023-12-28_23-12-3.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. ByAnyMeansNecessary

ByAnyMeansNecessary Modern Day Renaissance Man

IMO only a very obtuse mindset would have negative things to say about the Glock.

That being said, what bothered me a little is how the left has used his death as an opportunity to pile on him and even go as far as labeling him a killer for doing what he did.

I thought it was in poor taste, but not surprised.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Very Lucky Man ,, Lets hope she has enough to lead again !!
    Sloth

sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Love them or Hate them, you cannot deny that GLOCK made ( FORECED) everyone else do it better, and forced the gun industry off it's fat and lazy ass and start to innovate with more and better pistols! Prior to Glock, you have very few semi auto pistol choices, and those were ALL heavy metal and BIG. Glock sold a metric shit ton of pistols because they were light, simple, reliable, and flat out worked! No fuss, they were funky and chunky, but they flat out ran more often then most of the others at the time! While they were NEVER perfect, they were always good enough, and like I point out above, forced a lazy industry who were stuck in the late 40's to actually make better guns, and look how far we have come! For us rare few who actually carry a gun professionally, Glock was NEVER a first choice, there are far better options, but when push came to shove, a Glock was always a good second choice or a reliable back up, or toss away gun! I admit to (Still) owning a single Glock, a First Gen G-20,, and while I spends years in the safe at a time, it still runs as good as the day I bought it all those years ago, and I know if I ever had to grab and run, it would be found in the bottom of my Go Bag with a few loaded mags to support it! I do understand the hate, but I also understand the love, and like I say, love or hate, you cannot deny what a epic contribution Glock has made to the firearms industry, we owe Ol' Gaston more then we could ever imagine, and I hope his legacy continues on with more and better pistols, and maybe, just maybe, they can get away from the blocky, chonky, and make a pistol that actually fits the hand well, has decent sights right outta the box, A BETTER TRIGGER, and other needed changes to make good enough much mo betterer!

5. ByAnyMeansNecessary

ByAnyMeansNecessary Modern Day Renaissance Man

You make a few damn good points.

Although there are handguns I like better and prefer, I always find myself defending Glock handguns.

And one of your points is spot on.

If for no other reason it established a new bar and forced/motivated other manufactures to do better.

Glocks are the perfect handgun for their intended purpose. Again there are better out there but for the intended purpose the Glock is an artistic masterpiece.

6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I detested them when they came out. Now it's all I carry. I have no doubts the thing will run when I need it to. RIP Gaston, you did good!

duane, Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I got three Glock pistols. Frankly, I have thought of changing as of late as some of the new Sigs (P365X) simply fit my hand better, like they were made for it; however, I cannot let my old Glocks go - just can't. Why? They are as reliable as a sledgehammer, clean up quick and easy, and do everything I need a firearm to do at a decent price - period. They are also extremely good quality for their price. I am not a run and gun, Seal trained, super pistolero Jason Bourne type that can shoot the ears off an assailant while performing back flips. I simply need something that can protect me and mine from harm reliability and place the bullet where I aim. Nope. I am a Glock guy. They have earned my trust and loyalty, and I would be a fool to swap them out for something that costs twice as much.

One last thing, I taught my wife how to field strip and clean and lube her G19 in less than 10 minutes...that alone is a huge selling point for me.

Yep! This guy changed the industry for the better, much better, much like the Japanese forced the American car makers to improve.

Altoidfishfins, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. stg58

The reason I questioned what would happen to the company is there was a split with his wife and children after Mr. Glock took up with Kathrin who was his nurse when he was recovering from the attempt on his life.
    In July 1999, Glock suspected that Charles Ewert, one of his closest financial advisers, had been embezzling funds. Glock confronted Ewert, who hired a French mercenary (aged 67)[6] to murder Glock with a rubber mallet in a car park in an attempt to make it look like an accident.[7][8] Glock was hit in the head, but was able to fight back, punching the man until he collapsed on top of Glock.[6] Both Ewert and the assassin were convicted of attempted murder and sent to prison.[6]

The second wife is into what are typically “liberal" causes so I wonder how long it will be a Glock held company.
    Kathrin Glock - Wikipedia
    Kathrin Glock is a supporter of animal welfare and a vegan. She supports animal rights organizations like the animal sanctuary Gut Aiderbichl in Henndorf,[13] as well as smaller animal welfare organisations[14][15][16] and non-profit organizations like the Ronald McDonald House Charities.[17]

Since 2017, the Gaston and Kathrin Glock Private Foundation have been prize donors of the Kärntner Tierschutzpreis,[18] which awards events, associations, and private individuals for their achievements in animal protection.[19]

In tribute to Herr Glock, I just put in my 2024 Blue Label order.:)

duane, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Bandit99

Ah! I see. Well, I don't think we the customers will see much change. Let's face it, Glock is one of the most popular handguns on the planet, if not the #1, and not only a civilian favorite but military and enforcement too. So, either they will hold their nose and their liberal views will turn a blind eye to what gives them their million-dollar lifestyle, or they will sell out to some other gun company but either way Glock firearms will continue onwards given us access.

duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. stg58

Having seen companies of various products sold off, and the product goes down hill, I always wonder about potential new owners.

Bandit99, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

Ive owned alot of handguns, my favorites have always been glocks though!

duane and Mountainman like this.
  12. Bandit99

Yeah, that's definitely a concern. I heard but haven't confirmed that one entity purchased all the ammunition manufacturers. which scared the hell out of me. Apparently, he spent every dime he had (he's a billionaire) and now controls all of them... I expected the worse but maybe he's a genius given the Israel and Ukraine wars. Anyway, I hope we see no changes in Glock in the future.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  13. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

the hold on the glock always bothered me... got used to the 1911 hold and a glock will hit high for me...

has to do with the angle of the grip I guess... muscle memory says 1911 I guess???

14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Sad to hear about his death, but he was no John Moses Browning. Never owned a Glock, never fired a Glock, and don't want to do either. I prefer double action revolvers (S&W, Colt and some others) and 1911s (Colt and some others).

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

To the best of my knowledge, Glock doesn't make hunting weapons. So, she is probably OK with making billions and billions making Glocks.

16. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

The glock 10mm is a pretty popular hunting gun

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7