For something different - a Brit in the old Soviet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Mar 5, 2021.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The site of interest -
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB2GbNXOsy3VBksSD58NvhQ

one of his many vids...

I spent some time in the old Soviet, mostly nice folks, living in a ruin.

This is a Brit who travels in the old Soviet and visits places very much off the beaten path. I find it both entertaining and oddly at times, very instructive. The blogger (Daily Bald) speaks very good Russian and happily translates (via subtitle) his interactions.

Lessons here for us? Yes, if we pay attention.

Enjoy

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    ditch witch, techsar and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

BTW - my time in the AO was spent in the Komi Republic cleaning up a massive oil spill/training Russians on spill cleanup

clearly, our time was wasted.... folks in the West, esp USA, have no clue just how polluted the old Soviet is/was/

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    ditch witch, techsar and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I spent some time the Soviet Union before the fall and in Russia after. Totally agree mostly very nice folks but very hardened folks that made the best in a crappy situation. Same with the average Soviet Soldier (Conscript) always thought it would be shame if we ever had to fight and kill each other. Then as now the problem has never been the bulk of the people but the Governments that manipulate and control the people. One I became good friends with later immigrated to the USA back in 98 or 99 often ponders why so many Americans are working so hard to become what the Soviet Union was................

Gator 45/70, SB21 and techsar like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7