Finally! Dead guy bus is GONE.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Jun 19, 2020.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    State DEC talked the Army into using a Shithook to pull the damn thing out of the bush.

I've written the SoA several time to do just exactly this. Zero cost to the SoA - it was a 'training mission'

This magnet for stupid people is finally gone. Now, maybe, more greenhorns will go home alive....

No more Into the WIld stupidity - like this
    Another 'Into the Wild' Pilgrimage Has Ended in Death

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    hot diggity, Meat, natshare and 4 others like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

There'll always be under prepared, and overconfident pilgrims pushing the environmental limits of survival just about anywhere one cares to imagine. If not there, there'll be a trail to some other shrine somewhere else where people are like to come to grief.
    Amawalker: MEMORIALS TO PILGRIMS WHO DIED ON THE CAMINO

Into the wild 'stupidity' is inevitable for some people....Everest and other great mountains are littered with the bodies of even the most well equipped and physically prepared climbers.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I always wondered why they never moved it.
    Good deal.

Meat, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm surprised they didn't drop it deep into the nearest lake as a diving wreck. ;)

Meat, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Finally... What was the count up to just after they removed the attraction? 10 or so, over they years...

Meat, sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Its the magical pixie dust that takes over and people chase a deadly dream....
    Good bye old death bus,Need a priest to say a few words over it and sprinkle some holy water and then...
    Send it to the scrap yard !

Meat, sec_monkey, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Wonder if anybody is out there right now looking for something that is no longer there?
    Maybe the bus should be deposited near the trailhead most likely used by the devotees? March in a quarter mile, plant their flag and make it back in time for lunch.

oldawg, Meat, mysterymet and 2 others like this.
  8. DKR

That was my suggestion. At least a sign indicating the dam thing has been removed is needed for the poorly informed.

I've posted the story on several boards in the hope it will propagate.

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You could even fill the bus with trophies so they can prove they participated...

They do need to get the word out, signs at trailheads, boat ramps, etc. that are frequently used.

wideym, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I don't know,, maybe its just me , and the stupidity in our society,, but let them chase their dreams, idols , whatever they want to do. If that doesn't kill them,, they'll chase another idol that will. All people are going to die ,, just some sooner than others. Remove the warning labels ,, let people do whatever dumb shit they're going to do ,, free up some space for someone else. We can't save everyone,, no matter how many warnings are put out. Isn't this part of the natural selection of life.
    Oh well ,, life goes on ,,,

whynot#2, Meat, magicfingers and 2 others like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I guess I’m in the minority. I was kind of bummed actually. That book was one of my favorites ever, the movie not so much. Dummies will be dummies elsewhere now I suppose.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. DKR

Want to see a real Magic Bus?

[​IMG]

1947, started life with the AEC in New Mexico. Sold as surplus, it was purchased by Sam Doty in Tucson and converted.

It now lives at the Shady Dell RV park in Bisbee Az.

Sam was a nice guy, ran a paving business. Real solid, salt of the earth person.

I dated his wild-ass daughter Sherri for a while. Quite the Eticket ride, that one....

Meat, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well you better get the word out that it's gone.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Maybe the Lemay family will purchase it and put it on display. They have much stranger vehicles than that. :D

Gator 45/70 and DKR like this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How did that bus get there anyway?

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'd charge admission with an option to spend a night in the old relic...
    A Liberal and thier money are soon parted...

SB21 and Meat like this.
  17. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Look up 'into the wild bus" Interesting history and stories.

SB21, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7