FedEx Fails again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Nov 2, 2021.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Y'all know the drill, stayed home all day, kept a look out on the front gate and had the house pup on the back of the couch!

NOTHING, woke up at midnight , looked at emails and found out FedEx accused me of not being at home.

Walked to the front gate and sure enough NO Delivery Notice. Because they never came.

Of course this was a Direct Signature Required delivery.

No wonder we have supply chain problems.

At least FedEx read my message to them and now they will deliver on Wednesday.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  2. HK_User

WAIT, just received another email saying "
    Out for delivery Today.
    Tue 11/02/2021
    estimated between 9:30am and 11:50am

All bets are off the time for sure!

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My neighbor down the street usually gets my deliveries, especially if they come from the US Postal Dis-service. I can track UPS and FedEx on my phone App...

Good luck and now we are all waiting to see if you get your delivery within the time frame! :rolleyes:

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Never once have I had a malfunction with Fed Ex other than a couple of times the driver has called me and said she was not going to be able to get the package to me that day but would make me first stop the next day. Same driver on this route for the last 13 years.

UPS on the other hand is my nightmare 75% of the time their ever changing drivers refuse to drive down our road and I end up having to drive 45 miles to their terminal in Marion and pick the package up. UPS says our County Road is to hazardous LOL. Fed Ex Drive just hits it at a good clip and doesn't let off until she is at the driveway.

Mail man calls me 5-6 times per year and "Hey can you bring a tractor up and pull me out of the ruts?"
    1891246_704563532898492_1572087297_n.

HK_User, Yard Dart, VisuTrac and 2 others like this.
  5. HK_User

Best I get is.
    You: Delivery expected Time
    FedEx: Your package is scheduled to be delivered on November 2, 2021. . Based on the service type the shipper chose for your package, FedEx Ground®, your package will be delivered by end of day. Commitment times of this service are not time specific, but day-definite.

But as you might notice this AM they said between
    9:30 and 11:50.

It is Now 4:05

6. HK_User

Package made it!

Yes it arrived and was delivered on Tue, 11/02/2021 at 6:22pm.

[​IMG]
    Having had family in certain aspects of this I had to check out the Delivery Box for certain markings.

You see the code I witnessed on the box indicated it was loaded out for delivery but did not indicate the Truck Number! So no one could track the large box after it came back into the depot or maybe never left.

Part timers are now delivering and are in small vans thus the maps and directions are not as clear.

But I lucked out because my normal driver came, she is a very correct and polite person and if she had been here yesterday as late as 2100 she would have called the house and drug the box to our porch!
    Drivers do have your phone numbers.

Good help is hard to find!

Our particular need was of a medical nature and now allows my wife to drive the truck.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I've had Fedex and UPS show up here as late as 8pm.
    Same drivers for years.
    When a new one covers for vacations ... those are the packages that miss the delivery date.
    Oh also when the road is solid ice for like a week at a time. Those are also late deliveries.

Neither of the regular drivers care about how potholed our road are, 45 mph hammering through. Their trucks must be destroyed after a couple of months. I drive about 15 and think it's too fast some days

8. had a fed ex delivery yesterday. they tied it to the that mail box a half a mile away. Same thing today. Got a notification that the package was delivered to my address, no signature required. Ironically, the packages had trail cams in them. Set the one up yesterday on the mailbox, proving that the packages were not delivered to my cabin today. Customer service did not care at all. Although I have had many many packages delivered to my cabin before. Don't really like fed ex anymore. UPS delivers multiple packages a month with no problem. Same goes with USPS.Every time they say package couldnt be delivered because of NO ACCESS. Even though there is enough access for me to drive to the post office, and pick up my package. The new age of half ass service is upon us. I guess its no different than checking out and bagging my own groceries at wally world. Although I don't get $15 bucks an hour for having to wait for an associate to finally notice the blinking light alerting them that I bought alcohol or something crazy like a can of lighter fluid.

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and HK_User like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Best thing I ever did as far as deliveries go was to set a old job site box on a concrete Pad with a sign above it saying "PLACE DELIVERIES IN HERE" No good for Must Sign packages, but it ended the game of hide and seek. None of the delivery drivers will open the gate on the cabin porch to leave packages on the porch, can't say I blame them as Poo, Pop and Duke try to go through the door and have on occasion gone through the kitchen window to chase the invaders off the porch. So before the box it was tracking shows it was delivered, the only question then was WHERE DID THEY HIDE IT! Mail Man was the easy one he comes every day between 1pm and 1:10pm just look at the camera recording to see where he hid it. Speedy, Fed Ex and the Rare occasion UPS actually delivers the package was not so easy. Might be in a vehicle, in a trailer, in the box of the box truck, in the mill house, in the fuel dump, in the chicken feed shed or inside the shop and not delivered at any particular time. And the time they say it was delivered on tracking is never correct. LOL Last package before the box was set.......... We looked for it for a weeks and I went to get a can of starting fluid out of Red and there was package behind the passenger seat of Red.

Fed Ex Lady was the one who suggested a delivery box after Poo flew through the kitchen window throwing glass everywhere trying to get to her as soon as the latch on the gate clinked. That was not a cheap pane of glass to replace either! Fortunately she had closed the gate before Poo flew through the window. Anyway if you get above average deliveries a bigger deliver box saves a lot of searching and makes it easy for everyone. Mine just a old banged up metal box that is 3'W 6'L and 3' Deep with a latching lid and rubber seal around the lid. Welded A I beam on to the side of it with a flat plate to bolt the mail box on at window height for the mail man. And put a strip of steel on the other side of the box painted red and on a swivel they lift up when they leave something in the box. Been using for about 3 Months now and it works out well so far......... And no more expensive broken windows :)

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I sometimes get a package for some dude a mile from here.
    I bring it over and he returns the favor.

11. HK_User

Yup, and for me that brings the map problem.
    In the past of 30 years or more we had named roads. Now anyone in the rural area knows how dark it gets at dark. That was the reason to go to a County Roads by number systems because even if some clown takes out a road sign you could easily find the road numbers at the next cross road. Then we came up with GPS and boom, you did not need any house numbers because in the average distance of ranches to acreage GPS rules and you are placed at the location.

No excuses.

It may be time for delivery vehicles resurrect the spotlight.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. HK_User

I too have a large lock box and if needed the driver can use the chain attached lock.
    On top of that we have a Rock that is to be removed if a package is placed in the box. If the rock is on the ground then we check the box. Stupid simple.

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Fedex amazed me today...tracking said between 8:45 and 10:40. Dropped off, at the front door, at 9:52.

I think I'll go play the lottery.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7