Fat Bombs, Fat Fasting and Primal Eating

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Ganado, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I've been eating No Sugar, No Grain for several years (no potatoes either). And I had hit a plateau. Still had about 30-40 lbs to lose to be where I wanted to be. (the weight is a guestimate cuz I dont really give a damn about weight, i care about how my cloths fit and that my love handles aren't obvious)

I seemed to be stuck so I went and talked to a trainer I know (he's a little salty) and he sent me to the Doc that is working on a new eating plan for the American Diabetic Association. The new diet is basically No grain, no sugar but they also add a 'fat fast' which is 1000 to 1500 calories for 2 weeks at 80 to 90% fat. He told me the mistake I was making was too much protein and not enough fat in my diet.

two weeks later im down 8 lbs. Its harder than it sounds to eat 80-90% fat on 1000 to 1500 calories. The key is keeping calorie intake low and eating primarily fat which puts you into ketogenisus (sp?). I'm in maintenance mode for another 2 weeks, back to no grain no sugar and 1500-2000 calories. .

This certainly got me over the plateau and the good news is.... you dont feel hungry and the cooking is super easy.

4-6, 250 calorie feedings a day.
    SAMPLE MENU
    Breakfast: Coffee, heavy cream (or real coconut milk) and butter
    Snack: Cashews
    Lunch: any meat with bacon, celery with oil and vinegar or some other veggie
    Snack: chocolate fat bomb (will post recipe if anyone is interested)
    Dinner: sriracha tacos in cabbage leaves

The 1st 2 days i didn't eat after 6pm and i had coffee with cream and butter for breakfast and snack. Apparently this 18 hour semi fast for 18 hours puts you in to ketosis faster.

Food and diet are weird. I guess because 1) everyone is different 2) we have been lied to by the food and drug industry who did things to sell stuff not for human betterment. (remember cholesterol and eggs? biggest lie ever told as there is no proven direct relationship between dietary cholesterol and high cholesterol in the body and it ruined the egg industry for years)

This type of 'fasting' isnt for everyone. I had to be super careful/strick with my carbs. Somedays I had less than 10 grams and other days as much as 50 grams. But it certainly worked for getting my past a plateau.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I have a friend who did this and dropped 40# over 4 months, under a doctor's supervision.

Motomom34, Ganado and Mindgrinder like this.
  3. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Ketotonic shock is great while you're on the loss.....
    I went from 240 to 180 that way some years ago...

TEST...
    You're down 8 lbs?
    Eat BREAD with breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 days.
    You'll gain it ALL back.
    Please be careful with the all meat diets G.
    They DO make you look good but it didn't feel "healthy" after awhile.

Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Sample Diet for me on this trip:

Breakfast:
    Coffee - black.
    4 scrambled eggs with hard cheese
    4-6 slices of bacon - burnt

Jerky snacks or pickled eggs.

Lunch:
    Coffee - black
    1/2 pound burger patty (regular beef or chuck)
    More hard cheese

Supper:
    Crown Royal - straight with ice or with black coffee
    2x fried chicken breasts
    4-6 slices of bacon

It was during this time that I learned aboot deep fried bacon....

It sounds like heaven until you eat some bread and feel like crap for DAYS while your body grabs those carbs like they're the last on earth and you explode back to your original weight.
    ------

I aint preaching....i find it VERY hard to hit 2000 cal/day these days.
    :(

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Tully Mars, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  5. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Sounds simular to how I eat, 75% of the time I dont have anything but tea (buttered chi tea!) untill supper
    I dont have any idea what my calorie intake is, but I dont get hungry doing hi fat, low carb, moderate protin & DH is no longer diabetic on this way of eating (although he does have lunch otherwards he gets to hungrey)

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Tell us about the chocolate fat bomb please. I have taken to eating a little piece of 90% cocoa chocolate in the morning and at dinner. Little pleasures! Might help with my tan.

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Cocoa Fat Bombs
    2 tsps Coconut oil
    2 teaspoons salted butter
    2teaspoons almond butter
    3/8 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    5 drops of stevia (flavor of your choice)

melt butter and coconut oil and add other ingredients and freeze for 20 min.

225 calories
    22.7 gr fat
    2.6 g protein
    2.8 carbs (2g fiber)
    Above is 1 serving

I like to multiply this recipe by 10 put these in mini cupcake wrapers
    Amazon.com: Wilton Baking Cups, Mini, White, 350-Count: Disposable Baking Cups: Kitchen & Dining

and store in the freezer bag for when i want one, but then I'm a lazy cook. Warning these are not supper sweet. Its morelike bitter dark chocolate so if you like sweeter, add a bit more stevia.

IF you like reeces peanut butter cups
    3 oz 85% dark chocolate
    8 Tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons coconut oil
    4 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
    6 teaspoons of sugar equivalent
    1/4 cup nuts your choice

Melt butter, chocolate and coconut oil in microwave add whipping cream and sweetner. Spoon a small amount in mini baking cups and freeze for 20 min. Take out of freezer, spread thin layer of peanut butter on each ups, add nuts and then add remeining chocolate mix and freeze again.

these are ;yummy but take a bit more time. you can always just combine everything and freeze at one time but sometimes I like the layered look

NOTES ON SWEETENER
    I use alot of liquid stevia because its easier to handle and mix, you can also get them in a variety of flavors.

6 drops = a teaspoon of sugar for sweetness
    18 drops = Tablespoon of sugar

there are other sweeteners, i use erythritol as its net carb is zero and your body doesnt abosorb it like xyritol.

1 1/4 teaspoons of erythritol = 1 teaspoon of sugar in any baking recipe
    Amazon.com: NOW Foods Erythritol Natural Sweetener, 1 lb: Health & Personal Care

Amazon has the best prices per oz for stevia.
    Brands that taste the best NOW and Sweet Leaf.
    If you have ever had stevia the dried versions can taste bitter if the processing isnt done correctly. These two brands taste the best
    Amazon.com : NOW Foods BetterStevia Liquid, 8-Ounce : Sugar Substitute Products : Grocery & Gourmet Food
    SweetLeaf Natural Stevia Sweetener, 70 Count: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Tully Mars, Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

On another note. A high fat diet will keep you satiated and you won't be hungry after the 1st couple of days. However being a human being we sometimes need to feel full and satiated. In this case water and fiber are your friends. Shirataki noodles and celery are high in fiber low in calories and carbs. So you can get that full feeling without over eating. And of course, bone broth can't be beat as a stomach filler.

Shirataki noodles have net carb of zero and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The key to getting the correct texture is to drain them (they come packaged in water) microwave for 2 minutes drain, microwave 1 more minute and drain again. (this also gets rid of the fish smell that seems to come with them in the package) These are made from the konjac plant but the packaging wet makes them smell fishy when you open them.

Thses noodles come in all shapes and sizes
    Amazon.com: shirataki noodles: Grocery & Gourmet Food

MAC n CHEESE
    1 packet of Miracle Noodle (i use fettuchini as elbow mac shape is hard to find)
    2 Tablespoons heavy cream
    1 Tablespoon of whipping cream
    1 1/4 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 teaspoon coconut oil

after you do the 2 step noodle nuking process, just add the other ingredients and microwave them until melted stirring every 30 seconds.
    Amazon.com: Miracle Noodle Shirataki Zero Carb, Gluten Free Pasta, Fettuccini, 7-Ounce (Pack of 6): Prime Pantry

The other easy bulk dish is
    CELERY SALAD
    1 bunch of celery (thinly sliced)
    1/2 chopped carrot for color and flavor

Mustard version
    2 tablespoons of mustard (brown or dijon gives more flavor)
    2 Tablespoons coconut oil
    2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
    salt and pepper to taste ( i use red and black pepper but i like a bit spicy)

Mayo version
    2 Tablespoons of mayo
    2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
    2 Tablespoons white vinegar or rice vinegar
    spices to taste (if you want it like a sweet coleslaw use etrythinol to sweeten)

which ever version you are making just stir it all together and let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours

COCONUT OIL
    I dont use 'virgin' or '1st press' coconut oil.
    1) its more expensive
    2) I don't want everything i eat to taste like coconut, which it does with 1st press coconut oil

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

All fat, eh?

Yup, got that covered. Crap. Bacon is protein. Gonna ask my buddy in L.A. what he thinks...

Motomom34, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  10. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

moderate protein is OK,, put butter on your bacon & you'll be fine:p

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Honestly, today I am having the following menu:

Breakfast: Cup of hot tea (Oolong), fruit and nut snack, banana
    Lunch: Chicken flavored rice with corn and carrots, Asian noodles (chicken flavored), granola bar snack
    Dinner: Jasmine rice and wild rice with lovely imported butter. Also, a huge salad comprised of - Spinach, cress, radish, sweet peppers, blueberries, tomato, mozzarella cheese, topped with crispy onion bits and tossed with an organic all natural creamy garlic dressing. And beer. Only a couple tonight, I quit early as I didn't want to dip into the hard liquor. So healthy. ;)

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Everyone needs to eat for their body type. I posted this as an alternative for a boost to my normal eating pattern. It's not an end all be all way of eating. Geez you food Nazis relax.:p

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

this evenings "fat bomb"

IMG_1866.

Dunerunner, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@runswithdogs how do you make your homemade whip cream. Some add different thing or flavoring. The strawberry shortcake looks amazing

Ganado likes this.
  15. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Pot of double cream, a scoosh of ethritol if I want a bit of sweetness, another scoosh of homemade vanilla extract, Hand blender. Bzzzt bzzzt bzzzzt... wah-laaaaah:D thats all there is to it.

just make sure not to over bzzzt it or you get butter:eek:

Dunerunner, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

lol the sound effects and measuring dabs are wonderful !

17. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Yeah... that whole measuring out ingredients is for woosies:p:p:p

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and those of us that can't count past the fingers on one hand....[lolol]

1. Dunerunner
  2. toolbelt99
  3. Ganado
  4. UncleMorgan
  5. tacmotusn
  6. Ganado