Emergency Medical Kit (it's good).

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by thizadoome, Feb 26, 2012.

1. thizadoome

thizadoome Monkey

MEDICAL BUG OUT BAG(MBOB)

The list below is for an Emergency/ Emergency First Aid Kit. We planto Bug In. We have a fairly good supply of medical supplies but this bag isprepared to GTF out. I plan to have one for each vehicle also. Each person inmy BUG HUT has a particular BUG OUT BAG (BOB) they are assigned to grab n’ go.

Put your various supplies in distinctivelycolored backpacks so each person knows their BOB immediately. I am an RN; Ithink medical supplies would be a good choice for me to manage. My BOB is RED.In your MBOB you may want to have smaller distinctively colored MBOB’s for anychild specific supplies. One for each child in case, God forbid, the familyshould have to split up.

I suggest that you copy AND scan allyour important papers, medical / financial information, photos and anyidentifying info you may need and download them to 2 separate USB/Flashdrives.Put one in a camera film container or some kind of small INFOBOB moisture proofcontainer and place in one in a GTF BOB(ours is in the MBOB), and place the other on the chain you are wearing aroundyour neck now with the really loud whistle on it, Right? An INFOBOB may contain as much or as littleinformation you feel may be necessary to retrieve before, during or after anevent of any kind.

To repeat, this list is for anEmergency / Emergency Kit. I call it aMBOB but it’s actually one of 3 GTF BOB’s. So the amount of each item on thelist is approximately enough for each person for 7 days. I will post the info on other GTF Bob’s laterif anyone feels this list has been helpful. This list comes with acomplimentary prayer: “Please God, let me be just crazy and I never really needthis stuff after all.”

MEDICAL BUG OUT BAG(MBOB) CHECK LIST

o 2LITERS OF WATER (enough for cleaning minor injuries)

o NUTRITION/FOOD BARS (enough for ea. person per day to take with medications as needed).

o ATLEAST 7 DAYS OF ROUTINE (DAILY) MEDICATIONS

o 7DAY SUPPLY OF OVER THE COUNTER (OTC) MEDICATIONS/SUPPLIES FOR EACH PERSON. Acetaminophen, Aspirin, PediatricFever and Pain meds. Imodium, Phenergan or any Antiemetic,Stool Softener, Castor Oil (you would be vastly surprised at themultitude of uses for Castor Oil other than just as a laxative for example: Ifyou have Castor Oil in your supplies you can leave out chap sticks or face soapto mention a couple.) You can saturate cotton balls with most liquids in yourkit and put the cottons ball in a container. This could help salvage most of yourproduct if you should drop the container and the cotton balls should helpreduce the spill.)BE SURE TO SECURELY LABEL ALL PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT IN THE ORIGINALCONTAINERS AND PROVIDE ANY INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE AS NEEDED. Antacids, Alkaseltzer, Syrupof Ipecac, Cough Drops/Sore Throat Drops. Hard Candies,Pediatric Cough Meds. Diphenhydramine, Each person should carry their own allergymeds in their PERBOB (personal bug outbag). That should include any EPI PENS OR INHALERS each person mayrequire. BUT, if you are not sure if anyone in your BUG HUT has allergies,then at least have one EPI PEN in your MBOB. Tell your MD you are aboutto start raising bees but think you might be a little allergic to them. LOL. Oral Gel, (A sore mouth can bring youdown), Dental Floss (lots ofuses, to many to get into at this post.) Antibiotic ointment, A&Dointment, Insect Bite/Anti Itch ointment, Insect Repellant, Ace Bandages (1large and 1 small). Scissors (sterile), Bandages, Dressingsand Tapes. (as much as you can getin the bag after you pack everything else in it). Most wound care supplies can be shrink sealed with a food saveror in small Space Bags. Crazy glue, Clear Nail Polish (both can helpseal small cuts.) Bleach (soakedcottons balls, can be added to small amount of water to make astringentsolution or Dakin’s solution.) Alcohol (cotton balls again), Alcohol preps, Antiseptic Wipes, Baby Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, Medical Gloves, Lancets NormalSaline (for wound cleaning/you can make your own). Empty Sterile Syringes 3-5cc size(for power flushing eyes, sinuses orwounds). Silver Nitrate, (forburns. DON’T SKIMP..BRING THE BIG JAR). PretroleumJelly (or pre-prep some 4x4 dressing pads with pretroleum to make thincover for some wounds so dry dressing does not stick to would bed. These padsmay also help stop a sucking wound from a puncture.) Cocoa Butter, for minor burns,Extra Cotton Balls and Qtips (you never know if an original containercould break and you need the cotton balls to salvage the contents.) Extra empty containers, (ex: filmcontainers, zip lock bags) Quilt quality and Silk sewingthreads. Fine sewing needles (long), Black Twisted Fishing line,#5 & #7 Ethalon if you can get it. (Store your threads and needlesin as sterile environment as you can.) EveryBOB should have a Note Pad and Pen/Pencils (preferably Sharpies forwhen you have to write when can’t speak or just need to be really quiet. Writeon your arm if you have to.) Head band lamp/light. (easier thantrying to hold a flashlight while taking care of a injury, etc.) Box ofmatches, small patch of dry tinder, Large square/folded of HeavyDuty Aluminum Foil (you can fashion a bowl to heat up some water in). Goodquality Dust Masks ( 1 per person, per day for at least 7 days). Small multi tool (you can never haveenough multi tools). And when all else is packed, ya still gotta find room forthe DUCT TAPE.

o SEPARATESUPPLIES INTO “SIMILAR USE” PILES, for example: DAILY MEDS AND ANY FOOD NEEDED TO TAKE THEM WITH, BANDAGES FOR MINOR WOUNDS, BANDAGES FOR SEVERE WOUNDS. MISCELLANEOUS.

o WRITEIN BOLD PRINT ON A SHEET OF THIN CARDBOARD AND PLACE THE PAPER FACING OUT ONTHE BOTTOM OF A SEALER BAG LARGE ENOUGH FOR YOUR SUPPLIES. PLACE/DISTRIBUTEYOUR SUPPLIES AS EVENLY AS YOU CAN IN THE BAG AND THEN SEAL. ATTEMPT TO HOLDTHE BAG AS FLAT AS YOU CAN TO INHIBIT CRUMPLING THE PAPER LIST. I PUT SOMEITEMS IN SMALL PLAIN GIFT BOXES AND WROTE ON THE BOX. THIS IS TO ASSURE THAT ANYONE USING THIS KITWILL KNOW WHAT’S IN IT AND NOT JUST THE PERSON THAT PACKED IT. AND NO ONE HAS TO RELY ON MEMORY IN A CRISISSITUATION. I STILL SEALED THE BOXES TO PROTECT FROM MOISTURE OR CONTAMINATES.THIS PROCESS HAS WORKED FOR A LOT OF OTHER ITEMS ALSO.

o IAM ATTEMPTING TO START YET ANOTHER SURVIVAL BUG SITE FOCUSED MOSTLY ON FOLKSTHAT ARE PLANNING TO BUG IN. THE SITE WILL BE www.kissmy\goodbye.com. HERE’S WISHING US ALL GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEEDON OUR PREPARATIONS.

1. AgentPickle
  2. JC Refuge
  3. JC Refuge
  4. JC Refuge
  5. JC Refuge
  6. JC Refuge
  7. TheJackBull
  8. JC Refuge
  9. Merkun
  10. JC Refuge
  11. JC Refuge
  12. JC Refuge