eek eek

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by sec_monkey, Aug 18, 2020.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

Dunerunner and HK_User like this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

why did dey have to murder a perfectly gud safe?? foosed foosed :( :(

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Not exactly what I would call a "good" safe.

Oddcaliber, SB21, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Like refrigerators, discarded safes should have the doors removed. Lucky it was a cheap safe.

SB21, 3M-TA3, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

Doesn't look like a lot of fire protection either, a couple sheets of dry wall, some tin, and a good coat of paint. Looks like an angle grinder would open it up in seconds.

Lancer, gunbunny, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I don't think I would call that thing a safe, more like a large beer can.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yeah.....most safes have REALLY great doors.....glass re-locks if somebody tries to drill out the combo/key area....big deadbolts that throw when you flip the door handle....that kind of thing.

Built to impress you with how "safe" they are, because that is the part you open and see.

And the sides/top/back/bottom are mostly crap. Fairly thin sheet metal (maybe 1/8" if you're really lucky), then a layer of fire resistant cement, then an inner layer of thin sheet metal. A side grinder with a metal cutting wheel, a hammer drill to chip out the fire cement, and you can be in most of them in 15 minutes.

[​IMG]

Best thing to do with any safe is form up around it, leaving the front door exposed, and pour 4" or more of concrete with plenty of wire mesh in it around the rest of it. That will add at least a 1/2 hour to the break in time :D

Funny thing about the one in the photo....it was an old safe out of my wife's father's office....combo long gone, safe not worth much......so we decided to break in before hauling to the scrap yard. Few old papers and some coins in it. (Mostly Kennedy halves....we figure her father put them in there in the mid-late 60's before he died)

I load it on a trailer to haul off for scrap, and it tips over.....ahahhaaaaa.......the whole bottom had been previously cut out already ! Piece of plywood for the floor and some carpet covered it so you couldn't tell easily from inside.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Now see I would have taken the safe door and permanently attached it to a cement block wall inside the house, and given thieves something to do for a while.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7