'Doggie Hamlet,' billion in missing military equipment top report on government waste

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Here is one more for the day that I don't want anyone to miss... $437 billion dollars worth in “wasteful and inefficient” even if one consider that Senator might have a axe to grind and we use it to cut it into half we're still left with over $200+ Billion...Comments? Anyone want to debate me about Health Care now? I did not post the entire article but did post the link if you wish to read it.

"'Doggie Hamlet,' billion in missing military equipment top report on government waste"
    "An $85 million loan for a hotel complex in Kabul, a billion dollars in missing equipment for Iraqi forces and a $30,000 grant to stage “Doggie Hamlet” are just a few examples of the “Federal Fumbles” a Republican senator has flagged in a new report on wasteful government spending.

The 86-page report from Sen. James Lankford identified $437.6 billion in “wasteful and inefficient” federal spending.

Lankford said the billion in missing equipment in Iraq -- which was flagged in a Defense Department inspector general’s report and included small arms and Humvees -- was last seen in Kuwait.

“But we don’t know what happened from there,” Lankford said Monday. “A billion dollars’ worth of equipment. We hope it got into the right hands. But DoD didn’t actually track it. We don’t know.”

As for “Doggie Hamlet,” the report criticized a National Endowment for the Arts grant for the production in New Hampshire. The play reportedly featured actors yelling and running at sheep in a field."

'Doggie Hamlet,' billion in missing military equipment top report on government waste

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I would really like to know what our actual tax rate would be in this country if we could get rid of the .govs wasteful spending, special interests programs, worthless .gov grants giveaways , fraudulent welfare programs/ recipients , etc. The .gov treats us like their never ending bank account , and we have no say over it. :mad:

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Too bad so many are dependent on the dollars rolling in each month and not totally self sufficient enough to just pull the plug, put a "Who is John Galt" sticker on the bumper of their car and let the system collapse.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I know of 24 C-127J sitting on the ground in Kandahr having been flown in and parked, never to be flown again, brand new, just delivered by the United States for their Air Force! There are countless other wastes of stuff supplied to those who don't need, or even deserve!
    Then there is the deal with Iran over a bunch of jets that were subsidized before the trade sanctins against them, and we had to pay them in cash for all that and more! Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I'll just say that I see a lot of beat up ACOG's and Schmidt & Bender optics on Walmart rifles.

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

You and me both, SB21. This country is rich beyond anything one could imagine. The problem is, as everyone knows, is management. What they are careful to do is continue to toss crumbs to the populous to ensure compliance, nothing major just crumbs to keep them in line. Plus good old fashion patriotic propaganda tied with complete control of the laws (writing them to obtain what they want such, case in point ObamaCare) and don't look to our Judicial system to save us. They have their own agenda. Put my old grandmother in charge of the check book for this country and in 5 years we would be solvent and rolling in clover. There is plenty of money to do with whatever this country needs and wants. The problem is how it is spent.

We think that we American citizens run this country by government of the people, by the people, for the people but in truth we're nothing but piggy banks and cannon fodder and so our are children and children's children...

Gator 45/70, SB21, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  7. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

We haven't been "free" for 100 years, ever since Wilson and it got a lot worse under Roosevelt. It doesn't seem to matter who we elect, as soon as they get to DC they go corrupt. That whole cesspool needs a serious dose of chemotherapy and radiation treatment. For you twits at NSA that's treatment for cancer NOT biological and nuclear warfare.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Not to mention that every swingin' set of buttocks thinks they are management. Too many chiefs, not enough indians (as Pop often said) and downhill it rolls from there. Too many foremen, not enough fitters? Too many hammers, not enough nails?

But FIRST we need to differentiate between wants and needs. Not everyone needs a Mercedes in the garage when a used Pinto will serve. Fer zample, we are dumping frns into the various stans due to thinking we need it. We don't but someone wants it for obscure reasons. If we want it bad enough why are we not going after it tooth and nail instead of dribbles?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7