Do You Need A Temp Job?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jun 4, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Toys or Us
    Retail 84,687 followers

About us
    On March 15, 2018, Toys“R”Us announced plans to shut down its operations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. All Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us locations have started liquidation sales effective Friday, March 23. We are pursuing what is called a “going concern” reorganization and a sale process to find buyers that will continue to run our Canadian business and operations in Asia and Central Europe, including Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Our other international operations in Australia, France, Poland, Portugal and Spain are considering their options in light of this announcement, including potential sale processes in their respective markets. As we continue the liquidation process, we’re still hiring for various roles within our stores and distribution centers including sales and stock associates, cashiers and warehouse team members. Please apply at www.ruscareers.com. Over the past three decades, the company has given more than $100 million in product donations to children’s charities. Since 1992, the Toys“R”Us Children’s Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization and the company’s charitable arm, has also donated more than $130 million in grants. For more information, visit Toysrusinc.com. On behalf of all of us, thank you for your support and business over the years.

Just Got This "Offer".
    What Company would support killing off their base?
    Toys R Us spent years contributing to America’s largest abortion business and now doesn’t have enough customers

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Zimmy and Seepalaces like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'd be happy to work in the popgun department.

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Don't do it @HK_User. You could end up being the guy standing on the corner twirling the going out of business sign. :lol:

As I recall Babies & Toys R Us were very expensive. I rarely spent money there when my children were little. Their toy prices were not competitive with Wal-mart. Strange that their current employees didn't stay till the end.

Ganado, HK_User and Seepalaces like this.
  4. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I would like a temp job as a test pilot for a time travel craft --

Zimmy and Seepalaces like this.
  5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Strangely enough I once had a contract for services with them.
    That was the first time I saw and knew a person with a Nazi Number on their Left wrist.
    That person would not allow any German Products in the Office.
    It was against their Ethics, too bad the Company didn't have any ethics.

Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

One of my hobbies is building scale models. WeBeToys used to have a whole multilevel shelf filled with kits, tools, paint and accessories. But Amazon became more convenient and cheaper.
    I went back to them last year. They had gotten rid of all that. They apparently geared themselves totally to young kids and babies and prices are sky high.
    Their loss won't bring a tear to my eye.

Motomom34, Seepalaces and HK_User like this.
  7. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

OT, really sorry, my youngest is a wild rascal. When people ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he tells them he's going to be a chronologist.

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I never bought there as they are expensive. Not sure what supporting birth control has to do with closing a business but ok. I honestly never heard of them supporting abortion, just birth control. AND I could be wrong.

I think this will be the trend for many specialty stores as online retailers can sell cheaper and deliver to your door.

Not sure online will put Wal mart out of business but I can see that specialty stores will be out priced

HK_User and Seepalaces like this.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Last group trip to the Cayman Islands, we bought the entire inventory of waterguns from their Knoxville store and had a ball on the airplane and resort. Of course this was before everybody got so damned picky about toy guns.

HK_User likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7