Do you believe Bigfoot/Sasquatch exists?

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 23, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Undecided

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Yes it's my Girl Friend / Wife

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Do you believe Bigfoot/Sasquatch exists?
    <LABEL for=rb_optionnumber_3>This is one that I am interested to see if any of you have any stories that you will share with us regarding this topic.</LABEL>

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:lol: girlfriend/wife. Too funny!

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yeren, Yowie. Seems to me a creature that "might exist" would only be folklore in one region of the world, yet this one is quite widespread.

I don't have a story (whew!), but living in Bigfoot country and knowing how dense our forests are, I could see a wild creature living out of sight from the destructive humans in this area.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

For much the same reasons I figure its at the very least a distinct possibility.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I don't think so. With SOOOOO many hunters over the last 10 years videotaping their hunts, and all the trail cameras set up, we would have seen one by now.

5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I've never seen him or her whatever it may be [chopper]

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I don't sleep much..... I'll probably get to bed about 8 or 9 this morning.

7. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I'm all off schedule, being off work. Should be in bed and getting up soon, if I was working :shock:

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Sure, I believe; he operates a track excavator for me.

9. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yep I sure do think they exist .

Some might remember I posted this same thing on "another Board" long time ago .

Went camping when I was about 12-13 in Late July early August in the sweltering heat with my sisters and a some neighbors .

Bout noon my oldest sister decide she had to cool down and the campground's pool was over crowded so we went to a stream/small river she knew of for a swim "she had been going camping there for years and so had we as a family" .

Walked back in the woods about 1/2 mile to get there and it was perhaps 60-80 wide and maybe 5-6ft deep .

It was secluded and not full of trash "or any trash at all actually" like many places you would find and we had it all to ourselves .

I decided to swim across to the other side to where there was about 20 ft of sandy beach leading to very dense woods and a extremely steep incline that went on quite aways "hard to judge distance in dark woods looking uphill while standing in bright daylight" .

Found a pretty shell in the sand and started looking for more , as I walked down the beach I came across a set of tracks going from the water to the woods at a very steep and thick part .

I wore size 12's then and still do and this track was damn near twice as large and was as clear as day in the undisturbed sand "Other than those tracks and mine that is" The stride was much farther than I could accomplish by jump/hopping from one foot to the other and the feet were bare .

If it was faked I can't to this day figure out how , I can't imagine a person climbing that ground with a pair of "fake feet" strapped on their boots and if it was a person with huge feet , well I wouldn't try walking through all those stickers , thorns , and rocks barefooted just for kicks .

One thing rather odd though was there were no tracks on the other side of the stream/river when we looked .

It would seem whatever it was spent some time walking in the water , perhaps it too needed to "cool down" ?

My opinion is it is a small population of nomadic animals "perhaps a thousand or so" that has a routine of the best grounds to hunt/feed in at certain times of the year and has learned long ago of what a danger Man is to them and tries to avoid us as much as it can .

As far as avoiding trail cameras I doubt many guys go to extent of being scent free when placing them and the creatures can smell us and find a different path to use .

I would love to win a huge lotto and spend most of my life trying to prove if they exist or not .

I once saw an adult deer perhaps 5 feet away from a group of hunters on a trail the only thing between them some small evergreen trees and brush yet it held perfectly still and ran behind them after they had passed and I couldn't fire due to worrying about hitting a man , so yes large animals can be very close to you without your knowing it .

10. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

I believe they exist, They have to, otherwise these stories would have died along time ago.

11. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

Bigfoot, The Bray Road Beast, and a few others I strongly believe exist. With all the sitings and such, something off the charts has to got to be living where man doesn't roam much.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[​IMG]

I was camping under a tarp in late summer, brought my yorkie( her last trip).0100 I'm laying muggy and uncomfortable unable to sleep,and I hear a rythmic chopping sound from across the little clearing like somebody using a hatchet or banging two wrist sized sticks together. regular to the point where I'm making little hatchet motions with my hand chop -chop- chop-chop-chop-(missed one)-chop,it skipped one and I heard a branch breakand some good sized "it"moving from that direction towards us around the edge of the clearing, I got up, picked up the dog, put her under my arm and searched the dark woods with my AA headlamp. Couldn't see anything....All of a sudden"it" stops crunching at our 1:00 about 20 yards into the woods. and lets outa "SNORT! .It's me and the 10lb dog and a kabar( no firearms); A 90 minute day light hike in from my truck, debated hoofing it out in the darkbut determined it would be too dangerous.Did I say I was skeeredbad( heart thumping adrenaline) like i've never been scared before in the night woods. I took awhile but i crawled back into the bag and I tried to relax. The crunching through the woods resumed as "it "made its way around the rest of theclearing . only to SNORT! once more from our 7:00 position.

I thought perhaps a black bear that didn't expect to run up on us in his clearing? (They "pop their jaws") or a big deer
    Or a "bigfoot" I' just about swore off solo camping that night....

13. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

He's a little bald on top, don't you think?

14. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Who's to say it does or doesn't? Until someone proves it one way or the other it's all personal opinion/experiances. All I know is there a lot of noises out in the deep woods that people can't explain... ;)

15. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

LOL Alrighty then. However, all the home movies I have seen suggest he is still one large fur ball on steroids.

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

sasquatch militia (i think the site is webmastered by cbms):
    http://zapatopi.net/bsa/militia/

"The Cascadian Sasquatch Militia is the most advanced hominoid fighting force in the Western hemisphere (second in the World only to our Tibetan ally, the Yeti Liberation Army). Militia members are highly trained in combat, survival, and organizational skills. When you enlist, we will make you into an army of one Sasquatch, able to take on any challenge that faces you"[lolol][lolol]
    oh yeah in other sasquatch news:
    News of the Oddly Strange

• Wenatchee Forest Sasquatch doesn't believe in humans, claims proof of hoax

[​IMG] Humans a hoax? One Sasquatch thinks so.

A Choanito Sasquatch from the Wenatchee Forest claims that humans are a myth created by World Hominoid Organization elders as part of a global conspiracy to keep the elders in power. Furthermore, he claims that he can show conclusively that so-called "airplanes" seen flying over the forests are really giant dragonflies, whose existence the elders are hiding so that they can keep all the tasty dragonfly meat to themselves. He purports to have proof that will back up his theories and will reveal it at an upcoming howling engagement at the Big Rock near the Creek of Many Birds.
      Other Choanito Sasquatch say that the conspiracy theorist is well known in the area as a crank who is constantly howling at local elders and has never actually stepped outside of the forest, calling into question the trustworthiness of his claims. He has, however, managed to create quite a following for himself among some local Sasquatch, who view his screeching, moss-flinging rants as an amusing diversion.
    <hr> [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

I think I have seen just about everything with that link there.

18. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

I'm no Webmaster [whistle2]
    It's okay, You'll never find us Sasquatches. We blend in to modern society. We stopped growing full body hair stopped many years ago, We just are unbelievibly hairy and overly proportioned everywhere :D

Otherwise we are normal hominids of many sizes, colours and Creeds.
    Just better than you...

19. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Someone sent me a picture. lol

20. thepatriot1976

thepatriot1976 Resigned Membership

They do exist!

Yah It's my uncle Larry!

He Likes to take long walks through the woods naked sometimes!

hairy_man_copy.

[troll]
    hairy_man_copy.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7