Did everyone see this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I wanted to ensure everyone seen this...

This pompous-a$$ judge does even know what he is talking about! But, he knows that to overrule will take time and money. Geez, I am sick to death of our judges doing exactly what they like instead of what is lawful. Link at bottom...

"Massachusetts' ban on assault weapons doesn't violate 2nd Amendment, judge rules"
    A judge in Massachusetts on Friday ruled against a lawsuit that questioned the state’s ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines, declaring that the weapons were not protected by the Second Amendment.

Assault weapons are considered to be military firearms, U.S. District Judge William Young said in his ruling, therefore disqualifying them from being included in a citizen’s right to “bear arms.”

Policy makers, rather than the courts, were better suited to decide on the regulation for the weapons, he said.

"Other states are equally free to leave them unregulated and available to their law-abiding citizens," Young said in his ruling. "These policy matters are simply not of constitutional moment. Americans are not afraid of bumptious, raucous and robust debate about these matters. We call it democracy."

Massachusetts' ban on assault weapons doesn't violate 2nd Amendment, judge rules

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

One more to the list! Some day soon, those that stand on "That side" will be a rare and dying breed!

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Don't know if you read the article but this judge is a complete idiot. Any semi-auto could do exactly the same as the AR so does that make them "military firearms" also? And, then his pompous statement of "Other states are equally free to leave them unregulated and available to their law-abiding citizens..." Really? How generous of you, your Highness! I need to stop grinding my teeth now unless I want a visit to the dentist.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Don't forget all those military semi automatic pistols, and the military bolt guns out there... :rolleyes: but, we all know this will get a challenge and move up in the courts.... I hope!:cautious:

and don't forget these, your Honor!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Tully Mars, Alf60, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Apparently this Dufus Federal Judge can NOT READ, the SCOTUS Precedent, that established the Difference between semi-auto Rifle (Legal) and the Taxed Machine Gun.... The Natinal Firearms Act of 1934 as Amended.... and the Precedents set forth from the Court challenges, to that Act... In those challenges, The Court conclded that only Machine Guns could be TAXED, BUT NOT Banned, in compliance with the 2nd Amendment... An outright Ban was unConstitutional...

Tully Mars, Alf60, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

however a tax that is high enough will necessarily infringe on that Constitutional right

Tully Mars, oldawg, Bandit99 and 3 others like this.
  7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

...all taxes infringe...

8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Taxachusetts, What can you expect.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

These hogs here are getting mighty hungry..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7