Dependence is bad for U.S.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder5Ranch, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Indonesia's palm oil export ban leaves global buyers with no plan B

Things in far away places have large negative impacts for the USA. I mentioned a while back in a post the dominance Palm Oil has came to have in the Bio Diesel and how that bio diesel is largely produced in SE Asia from refined palm oil. This will Indonesian ban on Palm Oil Exports will have a major ripple effect in the USA agricultural economy.

There is one 2022 offset to that and it is around 30 million acres that will be planted in Soy Beans rather than Corn this year. The negative offset of that though is everything corn is used in will sky rocket in price. I was bit concerned about the fall bean market and planting all beans other than my corn field used exclusively for my own livestock feed. The worry was a huge glut of soy beans. If this ban and other suspected bans of palm oil exports holds for an extended period of time, bean prices will rise despite a glut of beans. No matter how you break it down though the End Consumer is going to see much higher food and fuel prices in 2022/2023 as well as good number of other consumer products.

There are rumblings that many Nations are going to be limiting or prohibiting agricultural, mined and drilled resources and manufactured goods. Think oil, bio oils, rare earths, wheat and other grains, coal, iron, copper, tin, silver etc.

The USA's shift over the last 30-40 years from a industrial/Agricultural largely independent Nation to a Warehouse/Retail/Service based Dependent Nation is really going to kick us in the groin going forward. Heck just the Latest China Covid Lock Downs will have a significant ripple impact on the USA economy that we are just starting to see.

As a bonus we have the most incompetent Federal Government ever with a few key Cabinet Post with totally unqualified and incompetent people at the helm. Like the Department of Transportation and Department of Energy...... Not mention a President that struggles to make coherent sentences and tries to shake hands with invisible people.

I can't blame other Nations for putting their Nations interest first and taking care of their people first. Its a Damn Shame that the USA seems to put the interest of other Nations ahead of our own. Of course that is how the elected officials and lifetime non elected officials get rich and richer.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This could have been avoided here, we have the farm lands needed to offset any shortfalls, what we lack is any cohesive leadership to make these decisions and get the farms planting the correct crops ahead of any shortfalls! You have all heard me ranting on and on about the CORN crops, and how bad that has made things, plus, paying farmers to grow certain crops instead of others, that rooster has now come home to roost!

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Yep and when Roosters Roost they like to take big craps on everything under them!

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Cough ummm errr the deputy assistant secretary of spent fuel and waste disposition in the office of nuclear energy for the Department of Energy.

sec of spent fuel.

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

What the hell is that ???

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and techsar like this.
  6. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Don't know what that is don't think I want to know

7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

That is our Government

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

We have been carpet bagged by tweekers.

9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

'Everything is halted': Shanghai shutdowns are worsening shortages

"To be honest, I don't even want to be in China but it's the only option," Djavaheri said. "If there was a way to make air fryers or electric pressure cookers in America, I would've been there yesterday. Instead we're dealing with hurdle after hurdle: Inflation, logistics, it's a constant nightmare."

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The Washington bureaucrats have made it almost impossible to make anything in this country, one agency after another has their finger in the pie. OSHA, EPA, Human resources, minority quotas, product litigation the list goes on and on. We have regulated ourselves out of being self-sufficent. My brother has landscaping business wants to retire and has tried to sell the business (hard work long hours no one wants to do it) for the past 10 years he has been trying to sub divide the property so a builder can put up a few houses. Between the town, county and the State of New Yuck they have put up one road block after another. The latest-- the building his office is in is slated to be torn down with in the year. Get this the county wants him to up grade the septic system (current one functions fine) to the new standards. My brother was are you nuts the building is being torn down why should I invest in a new system to the tune of 20K ---their reply --these are the new regulations. My brothers friends said he is not alone they go through the same crap. Putin and China don't have to do a thing but sit back and what for us to implode

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I built a shed on skids several years ago in the back yard, no asking the parish for permission BS
    They can suck it, It's a portable building.

CraftyMofo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7