Damned African sand...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Modus Operandi, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Went out to check the rainwater collection and it's sandy as hell from that Saharan dust cloud. It's just annoying, I know, and Ican still filter it, BUT, it's just another minute annoyance piling on top of others, lol. Hope y'all had a safe weekend

Ganado, techsar, Lancer and 1 other person like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Collect it and make a Sand Filter...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

likely it's dirty.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Might want to check the pH of the water before it goes on the garden.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I had enough of that crap on my Navy deployment. Don't need it coming here from around the world.

Oddcaliber, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

It's got your scent and now on the hunt!

In the 50s we'd wake up each morning with west Texas dirt on every thing.

Drought lasted for 3 years.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. I have had enough of African/ Middle Eastern/S.W. Asian dirt. I would rather use clean sand and the rains are depositing enough of it on whats left of the garden.

Gator 45/70, Gafarmboy and HK_User like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you don't embrace it you're racist.

TnAndy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

White sands is gypsum and it will try to eat the paint off your car.

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. chelloveck

Yes...as corrosive as white supremacy...it figures.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey Ol Chap, Picked up some of these,Size 10,Is this something you would be interested in?

trump socks.

DuxDawg, oldawg, duane and 1 other person like this.
  13. I ain't racist, I hate everyone equally. The only people I like are my friends. I might originally be from Mississippi, but that doesn't mean I'm a racist. I have always figured a persons actions speak louder than their words. A persons race don't hold much to me, the way they act means more. Do they keep their word? Do they help others without waiting to be asked? Do they contribute rather than be a leech? Those are the questions I ask, not what race are they? In the Marines, we were just different shades of green, but ultimately we were all just green. If a man was good enough to sweat and bless beatty's me than he was damn well good enough to share a canteen or a meal with. I have been all over this world and found I her along better with people from other countries than I do with people in my own. If anyone wants to call me a racist, than all it shows is ignorance. And if I let a little word cause me discomfort, then I'm no better than those who take umbrage of others calling them names. Only WE can give words power over us. And it's high time we shut this stupidity down that has been over taking this country. Just my $0.02 worth.

DuxDawg, duane, Mountainman and 3 others like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah you can't even hate everyone equally any more. It's bullshit.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. chelloveck

The name is in the wrong place....it should be on the soles, to be worn through to holes...the name is worthless.

Edit: @Gator 45/70 now, if they were branded as 'bone spur' socks...i'd be interested. They'd be draft proof. ;)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. chelloveck

Few people hate everyone equally....misanthropes are not as common as one may think....if people hate at all, it is with discrimination....to think otherwise is self delusion. People are free to hate as they will....there are however some restrictions on how one may express that hatred, or otherwise act on that hatred. Actions have consequences: What rankles with some is that their hatred for others is fettered in ways they can't abide with.

oldawg, TinyDreams and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7