Costco Storage Bins/tubs

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Nov 6, 2021.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Costco had these storage for $7.49 in July I think they are $8.49 now we picked up a few and they have held up well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

I've seen ones that look like those at the big box hardware stores. They stink to high heaven.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Picked up a couple seem to be pretty sturdy much better than some of the crap one I have that crack

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

A prepper needs a plastic storage bin for EVERY contingency, from asteroids to zombies and everything in-between. When the Wuhan Flu hit I dug out my plastic storage bin for epidemics/pandemics that was full of masks, rubbing alcohol, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, etc., etc., to which I added more stuff! Plastic storage bins are almost as important to survival as guns, ammo, food, fuel, etc., etc.,...after all you gotta store all that stuff somewhere in something!

3M-TA3, Yard Dart, Bandit99 and 2 others like this.
  5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

majority of my long term storage is the basement - went to pop coolers decades ago for my containers - gasketed for better environment control - good cushioning to survive just about anything - temp control when necessary - and the best thing they'll serve their primary mission for food when SHTF time empties them ...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

You live in a place where people still wear masks?

I have some of those bins. They do work but come in several sizes. Best bang for the buck.

7. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I think Hillbilly is talking about REAL pandemic masks - respirators - not the joke Covid prevention measures ...

when attacks Taiwan and resorts to the heavy weapons >>> you better be ready for the bioweapon they use on that island - won't be a Covid used - you'll need the full tilt pandemic gear and no waiting for a Amazon delivery ....

enloopious likes this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Rural King often has those exact ones or the same brand just a hair smaller than the yellow lid ones with black lids. Usually grab 4-5 every trip to town. Started buying them like 2 years ago and have yet to have one malfunction in any way. Perfect size for storing the 50# bags of Sugar, flour, cornmeal, and rice. Also hold a very good amount of boxed dry goods. Also seen the same ones at Lowes. Menards and Home Depot.

9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I like them because the lids stay latched.

10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I prefer 5 gallon buckets, largely because if I have to skip town I can move them with a hand truck and easily lift them.
    I have those bins but when full I can’t move them easily.

1. JC Refuge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. duane
  4. Motomom34
  5. TnAndy
  6. Ganado
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Ganado
  9. DKR
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. DKR
  12. JC Refuge