1. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Limited space or budget?

mechstdr and Seepalaces like this.
  3. mechstdr

either or both, depends on a persons circumstances.

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Container gardening (both horizontal and vertical, is a good way of developing a certain degree of self reliance, with regards to vegetables and some fruits and berries. It is also a good way of getting children interested in gardening. Selecting miniature varieties of fruit trees can enable balcony and courtyard container gardens.

Container plantings have sometimes been compared with caring for infants ( require some more intensive care regards watering in particular) but there are work arounds for that necessary effort.

mechstdr and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I like the fact that a container garden can be portable. There's a lot of useful vertical space that doesn't get utilized outside.I love growing herbs and some veggies in containers. I also like to play around with bonsai in small containers.

mechstdr, Dunerunner and chelloveck like this.
  6. mechstdr

the idea can be extended to raised beds for people who have poor soil and it's more cost effective than having to amend the soil there. you start with potting or top soil and then amend however you wish, you control their (the plants) environment closer (water,feed,weed,etc.) than a large field, but also you can only feed a certain number of people before you're forced to expand to a field to grow enough food for everyone. for 2 or 3 family's, raised beds and/or buckets is ideal for being grey and surviving in a more inhospitable place that the PTB are less likely to look or look less.

Alanaana and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7