First Amendment Common Core Arrest

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by Yard Dart, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

‘Is This America?’: Parent ‘Manhandled’, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core at Public Forum | Video | TheBlaze.com

If you have kids in school or about to be in school it behooves you to be just like this guy and demand an education for your child....not an indoctrination!!!!
    YMMV
    YD

Dont, Brokor and tulianr like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Ron Paul on MSNBC: Homeschooling is a better alternative – Glenn Beck

Tracy and tulianr like this.
  3. Yard Dart

A Monstrous Story for a Monstrous Curriculum: The Ugly Heart of Common Core |

4. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I couldn't deal with such idiocy. That's why we homeschool. It keeps me out of jail.

tacmotusn and Tracy like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If anything, the "police officer" (security guard) assaulted the parent.

I'm sick of the double standard and abusive police state tyranny. I'm sick of a lot of things, including the public indoctrination with "government" sponsored propaganda.

I have an idea. From now on, all "citizens" travel armed (or unarmed if they choose) and with their own private armed security detail, used to stand in between them and the state hired gestapo so they can utilize equal force. No more games. No more bullying by the police state. Bring guns, stand up to the criminal elite and their idiotic mindless servants. Have the private security wear uniforms, and let it be known that any show of force by the gestapo will be met in kind. Let our voices be heard, or let vengeance be taken on the criminals who pose as our saviors while using gorillas to haul us away should we speak out against them. END THIS.

In my opinion, that man was far too nice. If that gestapo agent had touched me, I would have warned him VERY sternly, "touch me again, and that's assault, and I will put you down like the rabid dog that you are." (and it's a very good thing I do not attend these places for that very reason.)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    tacmotusn, Tracy and Yard Dart like this.
  6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well yet another reason I'm glad I don't have kids(one of the other reasons being I am NOT going to give my mother more reasons to point and laugh at me, I give her enough as it is). I'd homeschool them anyway. And we don't have TV so they wouldn't get indocrinated with mindless pap. TV these days to me is just crap meant to A: demoralize the population because so much TV is negative these days, and B: serve as a distraction. Let people focus on stupid fictional crap so they don't know what's going on around them.

7. Yard Dart

If you are troubled by Common Core, check out the controversial new nationalized science standards.
    If you are troubled by Common Core, check out the controversial new nationalized science standards - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  8. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I have a lot of ambivalence on this topic.

I support local and state influence in school districts; but I've also faced the frustration of moving a child from one state to another, and finding that 8th grade in Ohio, depending on the district from which they transferred, is not necessarily 8th grade in Texas.

I think Science is Science, and Religion is Religion, and that the two should stay out of each other's yards; but I can sympathize with parents who don't want the state forcing something down their children's throats, that contradict their family's beliefs.

I think that evolutionary processes are obvious and evident in nature; but much of "Evolutionary Theory," as regards the origin of man, is still largely "theory."

I think Climate Change is an obvious fact, and has obvious historical precedent; but man's contribution to that change is certainly debatable.

I would like to see more emphasis on teaching critical thinking in the sciences, and less rote memorization of so called "scientific facts." Any of us older than twenty have seen quite a few "scientific facts" overturned in our lifetimes. I don't think we can ever go wrong by teaching our children to think and to question, always.

Tracy, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  9. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

[​IMG]

tacmotusn, oldawg, Tracy and 3 others like this.
  10. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

common core.

Sorry, that one makes me laugh each time I see it. It's not really a funny issue, though. +1 with the homeschooling. I'm waiting for the day when the state says we can no longer... I'm still trying to figure it out.

Sapper John, Byte, oldawg and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7