Chuck Yeager RIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hot diggity, Dec 8, 2020.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

origin. Chuck Yeager has passed away at 97.
    unnamed (3).

GOG, Dunerunner, Tully Mars and 5 others like this.
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Heart felt that ! SIR !!!
    VT / sloth

Dunerunner, SB21, duane and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

God Speed General!

Dunerunner, SB21 and duane like this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

He had the Right Stuff!

GOG, Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Did pretty good for a high school graduate who enlisted in the Army Air Corps as a private and was a mechanic. First applied for pilot training and told could not be one as he had no college. My favorite comment on him was that he was in charge of the astronaut training but would not be able to apply for admission to the program as he "lacked" the proper educational background. John Glen, Chuck Yeager, the old bunch, are about gone. The group that were born in the age of fabric biplanes, schooled in the school of hard knocks, saw friends die often doing just what they were doing, and said bring it on. The golden age of flight in my mind was from 1935 to 1965. Really haven't really done anything since but play around the edges of the building they built. In 1935 Howard Hughes set the official aircraft speed record of 352 mph, in 1967 flying the X-15, Pete Knight set the record at 4520 mph. 50 years later the record still stands for piloted aircraft although that ignores the space shuttle etc returning from orbit.

Rest in peace, but I am not to certain that the old bunch he would not prefer Valhalla to Heaven.

GOG, Dunerunner, Tully Mars and 6 others like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I don't even have the right stuff to express my feelings for this MAN and what the loss of his kind means to the rest of us.

Dunerunner, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Color us way beyond lucky that he was here long enough to do what he had the stones to do. RIP, General.

8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Shook his hand in 93 or so at Salisbury airport while he was there filming a chewing gum commercial. He had a lot of charisma, you just liked him right away. Sad to hear of his passing.

9. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Gen Yeager WBFP

As each of these Giants pass away, we lose a bit more of the 'stuff' that once made America great....

10. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

He is a Hometown Hero where I grew up . My Dad was born in the same county as him . Lincoln county W.V. they really don't make men like that anymore
    Rest in Peace Sir.

11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

A naturally heroic, fearlessly driven pioneer.. RIP, General! They should have let you go into space....

DKR likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7