Chivalry is dead because women killed it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 1, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Interesting opinion piece that I find myself in agreement with...

I used to try being such and got shut down real fast...

I don't bother anymore... not worth the hassle ya get now...

just my opinion... your most welcome to give your opinion... in fact please do...

upload_2018-5-1_7-43-20.

A friend of mine whose mother died recently was going through her parents’ memorabilia and unearthed a Western Union telegram from 1954 that her father sent her mother just before they married. Here’s what it said:

Darling, I shall be waiting for you at eight. With a lifetime of expectancy. My heart will be coming with you down the aisle. May God be with us tonight as we pray we will always be with Him. Thank you for becoming my wife. My love forever yours, Henry

Several days after I’d read this note, I came across this miserable tripe on Facebook: “Chivalry is harmful to both men and women,” relays the woman in the video. “because it reinforces this idea that women need to be helped or saved by a stronger man. And it takes away a woman’s agency.”

The video is part of an "Unpopular Opinion" series on Facebook, a concept that in theory I’d support. But there’s nothing unpopular about a video that sells the same tired message feminists have sold for years and subsequently became the status quo: that men and women are “equal” and should therefore be treated the same.

Women can open their own doors, pull out their own chairs and take care of themselves, women have argued for years. “I’m strong enough to do all these things,” notes the woman in the video, who identifies herself as Emily Panic, as she flexes her arm muscles to viewers.

Men only changed because women did. That’s because men are born to please women. Modern woman don’t know this, for they’ve been conditioned to think of men as oppressors. But it’s true.

“And what’s the deal with guys giving up their seats on the subway?” she adds. “If you do give me your seat, and I take it, I don’t have to talk to you. Please don’t talk to me, okay? I got like 20 podcasts loaded on my iPod that I would rather listen to than you. That’s not meant to be mean. I just don’t want to talk to you.”

The stark contrast of the Western Union telegram and this video depicting modern gender relations speaks volumes.

If there’s one common theme in the media today about the relationship between women and men, it’s the claim that there are no good (read: marriageable) men left. Well, gee, I wonder why that is?

It’s clear as day why that is. The relentless message from women and society that men have nothing special to offer—that not only is their income unnecessary, so is their chivalrous behavior—has built a wall between the sexes the size of Mount Everest.

Funny thing, though, the equality meme hasn’t translated to women paying for their own dinner or asking men to marry them. Why is that? Could it be that deep down, women know something’s lost when men and women are viewed as the same? Could it be there was something special about men being men and women being women?

In the days when men were chivalrous, women held a different kind of power than they do today. Feminine power is far more potent than the power a woman gleans in the marketplace. But women don’t access it. And they reject masculinity as well. Today’s universities are in fact offering programs specifically designed to quash male nature.

And still women wonder why there are no more Henrys. Mature, respectful, marriage-minded men like him have vanished. Can we blame them?

Fortunately, as I wrote back in 2012, women have the power to turn it all around—because they are the relationship navigators. Men only changed because women did. That’s because men are born to please women. Modern woman don’t know this, for they’ve been conditioned to think of men as oppressors. But it’s true.

Any woman who wants what Henry and his wife had—and who wouldn’t?—can have it. It will take time because women have made a real mess of things. Nevertheless, they can begin by rejecting the narrative in this video. Instead, embrace chivalry. Praise chivalry. Praise men, for God’s sake!

And then watch what happens.

Suzanne Venker: Chivalry is dead because women killed it

Hanzo, DuxDawg, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I'm pretty chivalrous and the chicks still seem to dig it even when it comes from a fat old bald guy.

Hanzo, Tully Mars, sarawolf and 6 others like this.
  3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Just wait till she is old and grey. I have personally witnessed what the elderly go through on a daily basis. The happy ones made the right decisions and sacrifices in their lifetimes. The unhappy ones are filled with regret and remorse. Her day will come that her way of thinking will slap her hard in the face.

As long as she does not force any guy to marry her at gun point is my only concern.

Hanzo, Tully Mars, sarawolf and 2 others like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are correct. Any kindness from a gentleman always gets a smile and thank you from me. I have had men of all ages act gentlemanly and have let them know that their actions are appreciated. IMO it depends on what the action is and if it seems sincere and genuine.

According to Ms. Venker women have a chip on their shoulder, that is what she wrote on her twitter page. Whatever. Not exactly sure what she thinks women should do to make men feel like men and chivalrous again. In my opinion all people are responsible regardless of sex, race etc. Her article is crap.

Hanzo, Oddcaliber, Itchba and 7 others like this.
  5. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I got a smiley sticker I get another for my rear view mirror
    I am choosy on those I hold the door for mostly older folk.
    If they didn't have the foresight to add on a roadside assistance for 3 bucks change that tire yourself.
    Run out in front of me waving your arms like a flag in a hurricane better hope you can leap tall buildings in a single bound or at least my truck.
    Since the advent of mobile phones I feel there is no incident where I need to involve myself they can call a friend, tow truck or the cops.
    Stop and render aid I think not with all the wonderful diseases and normal people doing dope and CPR not no but hell no, I'll phone it in.

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

right there. Ms Venker says women killed chivalry but according to @ochit the cell phone did. :lol: No sense helping each other, do it yourself or call someone.

Hanzo, Tully Mars, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I, like @Zimmy , am chivalrous. It is the way I was taught and raised. I can only think of one time where a chivalrous action of mine was tossed back in my face and that was from a young lesbian woman with a horrible chip on her shoulder. My wife expects me to act like a gentleman and enjoys being treated like the lady she is so, as long as she doesn't complain, I shall continue as I was taught and the world be damn.

Hanzo, Tully Mars, Yard Dart and 6 others like this.
  8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

No I did not say that exactly, what I meant was now they are empowered to handle any emergency themselves and I have no confusion guilt or blame on me. I have encountered these embittered empowered emotional types and yes they killed it for me. I have not picked up a hitch hiker in 20 years or more, don't try to breakup fights and unless I am under penalty of law forced to call the cops.

Thats another group, the police after attempting to help as a fist on site of an accident I was first there and when the cop came he threatened and commanded to leave amtulance still had not arrived so I left, and did not look back another time the police tried to implicate me because I knew information they did not, well now I don't care what happens I did not see anything and know even less, it's their job they get paid they know all see all one of them gets in a jam the whole force shows up you have a problem and you get the third degree and the fish eye. I personally seen police threaten and intimidate with physical means abuse their rights point guns on people that were not committing any crime that same incident pointed a pistol at me and made threats and lie like a dog and that is what I am willing to tell.

I am not unwilling to help I have been forced by experience I don't like it but thats what I am left with.

9. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Women can create life which makes them very much like Gods and as such should be worshiped. :)

I open doors, pull out chairs and anything else I can do for women, especially my wife, not because they can't but because they shouldn't have too. Women and men are different, period. At our house we embrace it, I am flooded with testosterone and my wife is obviously not which gives us unique capabilities which we embrace to maximize our effectiveness. We are building a house, farming, working day jobs and have 2 young children which means at the end of the day we both work 15 hours+.

Hanzo, Tully Mars, sarawolf and 2 others like this.
  10. ochit

ochit Monkey+

They say it takes all kinds I choose to be the other I just had breakfast with my cowpoke buddies one just told me if women din't have a _______ there would be a bounty on them. he was annoyed that --well lets say there was a communication breakdown and caused his to loose money.

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

ahhh.... not real sure... wondering if you get out and about much and where you go when you do?

ya I used to get a few that reacted as you did... I left commiefornia in part due to the attitude of so many fems...

like it where I am now but still... got to watch out for the..."imports" that seem to be flocking here now...

mostly happens with the younger ones... under 40 or so... I'm not tryin to pick em up or anything mind you...

just treatin em like many females used to expect... gets em all upset and unhappy... oh well...

12. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Can't too heavy all the ones i saw went 10 to 12 stone :eek:

Hanzo, Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Chivalry isn't dead. Honest!

It's just in hiding around screeching, "fem' activists that are the true life incarnation of a Harridan. This is especially true from those that suffer from misandry.

Being polite, to everyone, is never a bad idea as a first thought. Rudeness can be returned or it can be ignored.

Zimmy, Hanzo, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  14. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

I always have and do thank a man for holding a door open for me. My husband still opens my car door, holds my hand when we walk. Thank you all the gentlemen out there.

Zimmy, Hanzo, DuxDawg and 6 others like this.
  15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Being raised a Southerner, I will always open doors for a lady, offer my seat to her, say yes mam and no mam and will always walk between her and the street. I remember to return the toilet seat to the down position. I will not stand for a lady being physically or verbally abused in my presence. Notice that I said lady? Some women are total bitches.

Hanzo, Oddcaliber, DuxDawg and 8 others like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Women don't kill chivalry - Men kill chivalry when they ignore their instincts and allow themselves to be turned into wimpy politically correct unisex cucks. I treat all people with courtesy and have never had a woman complain when I open a door or offer assistance. It amazes me when I see a woman with a package and a child in tow struggle with a door and men just stand there (except for me, of course).

Zimmy, Hanzo, BenP and 3 others like this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I had one, um, "female" upbraid me for opening a door. Her mouth was matched in reverse. That's the way of it in my world. No other problems, before or since. I have not lost my instincts toward courtesy.

Hanzo, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well the wife found the Blue Bell ice cream and I managed to get a nice bowl of it.
    When the wife is happy,Life is happy.
    I did give my shopping cart to the lady behind me waiting today.
    I simple said Here ya go, This looks like a good one, She Thanked me and went on about her business.

oldawg, Hanzo, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  19. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Pretty much nailed it right there B.
    From the 1st time we dated Sass has always waited for me to open her door. 1st thing I remember liking about her. It wasn't obvious or anything, just a little hesitation waiting to see what I was going to do. She still does it and I still like it. I always told my girls you're not women, you're ladies and when the time comes that boy best know the difference;)

Hanzo, Bandit99, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  20. Borrego

Borrego Monkey

Another southern raised boy here..I was raised to do all that stuff and I love it....I always get grief for refusing to sit at the dining table until the ladies are all seated, but I don't care. I insist on being 'chivalrous' or just having good manners...if it annoys anyone, good!
    It is the right way......

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7