China has 'police stations' in U.S. to spy on nationals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Oct 2, 2022.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

isn't this neato keeno?

The Chinese Communist Party has established unofficial police "service stations" in major cities around the world, including in the United States, according to an independent investigation.

Some of the stations are used by Chinese police to carry out policing operations on foreign soil, said the report by the Spain-based human rights NGO Safeguard Defenders, the Post Millennial reported.

Published in September with the title "110 Overseas: Chinese Transnational Policing Gone Wild," the report found that 30 Chinese surveillance stations were established in 25 cities across 21 countries at the beginning of 2022. Since then, another 22 stations have been set up in 22 new cities in 17 countries.

"110" is a reference to China's number for emergency services.

The police operations do not cooperate or coordinate with local law enforcement, the report said, displaying the Chinese Communist Party's "transnational repression" and "long-arm policing" in its monitoring of dissidents.

China insists that most of the work done by the "police stations" is no different than what would take place at an embassy.

read more on site...

China has 'police stations' in U.S. to spy on nationals

Hanzo likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Hmm, sounds like our CIA working out of our embassies abroad. Or the FSB, MI6, the Mossad or any other foreign intelligence agency.

Are we surprised that the Chinese do it too?

Ura-Ki, Bandit99 and chelloveck like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

if you read the report they are not working out of embassies but have actual stations...

4. VisuTrac

I'm pretty sure that these 'Police Stations' have some diplomatic protections just like an embassy.
    I just think this is a bit of the FUD drum on the part of the author of the article.

We've got FBI out in the field tracking down fugitives. Granted the west may or may not cooperate with local authorities but just because they have 'agents' on foreign soil doesn't mean they are doing anything that we aren't.

Granted their tactics and methods for convincing their citizens to return home and come clean are probably not what we would consider acceptable.

The US does have black sites so ... we may not be very different from them at all.

It's just a bit of propaganda to convince the reader that the chinese government is terrible. When in reality, most governments do terrible things in the name of national security or national pride.

Dont, Ura-Ki, Bandit99 and 2 others like this.
  5. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

6. enloopious

There is no justification for this.

7. VisuTrac

Governments always want to have the monopoly on violence.
    They justify it all the time. National Security. For the Children. For the planet.

SSDD.
    Keep the populace in fear and you can control them. Yep, that's the playbook page 1.

8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

last I heard all we have in many countries is an Embassy... not to say we don't have covert stuff but... as someone already said there is no real excuse for letting the CCP in...

9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

All countries around the world have their intelligence agencies working from their embassies in some form of State Dept position so I don't find this too alarming. Yeah, I know the document states "have actual stations" but they have to be connected in some manner to their embassy in order to exist.

Dont, Ura-Ki and VisuTrac like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a note here: There is a Tv Program called “FBI INTERNATIONAL” that is about an FBI Office centered in Budapest, Hungary… These FBI agents interface with InterPol, and deal Criminal Issues concerning US Citizens in Europe, and US wanted Criminals in Europe.. This is a Tv Show with actors, but I bet that there are similar FBI Presence in a few large cities in Europe…

11. enloopious

The FBI is an unconstitutional secret police department created to spy within the bounds of the country. The CIA is a branch of the military created to spy outside of the US. They do the same job only one does it to our enemies and the other does it to the people they swore to protect. It took a cross dressing drag queen who hated America to create the FBI. Nobody else was willing to go so far as to declare war on the American people out loud. If the FBI is working outside of the borders of the US then they are stepping on the toes of the CIA. The fact that they let Chinese spies into America, let them compromise presidents and politicians like Biden and Swalwell, let them setup police stations (which is supposed to be FBI AO) only goes to show how far gone they are, but nothing that they do justifies having Chinese police station in the US. I don't care what excuses you make it doesn't justify it. Just the fact that people are making justification for the Chinese operating in America is insulting. When the CIA is spying in Russia or China and they get caught they get tortured to death. In America when they get caught they get a hall pass? You people are insane.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  12. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

[applaud]

13. VisuTrac

Yep, governments do all kinds of shady shit to remain in power.
    all the major developed countries do.
    spies, special operations, enhanced interrogations, bribery, blackmail .. you name it.
    Is it right? as you pointed out .. no.
    can you or I stop it? no.
    Will the citizens demand they stop? No because it's for their safety they believe.

And diplomatic immunity is a thing.
    Good to be a statesman. You can rack up the traffic tickets and run over people without penalty.
    Yep, little by little. we go back to the lords in the castle.

chelloveck likes this.
  14. enloopious

I feel that the majority of the citizens do want them to stop and I think even the majority would demand it but they feel that their voices are meaningless... and they are with the way things currently are. That is what we need to change, or rather, bring back to the way it was. The good news is that it will be that way again, the bad news is that nobody is going to like the process.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  15. Bandit99

The FBI has constantly assigned resources to assist other countries in areas like forensics, law enforcement liaisons, training - you name it. No, they are not to operate outside the country and legally they don't as they obviously do not have any jurisdiction; however, their agents are overseas. I would bet that they are not permanently assigned but temporary, what the military call TDY status which probably could be up to 12-18 months. Can the temporary status be renewed? Yep, no limit to the number of times. Lots of government employees like TDY status because it means lots of extra money. I was on TDY status as a Defense Contractor for almost 3 years.

Furthermore, many, MANY government agents like DEA, and Custom agents also serve outside the USA like the FBI. So, this isn't unusual or new. Also, the military does this also - lots - for training host country assets.

@VisuTrac "And diplomatic immunity is a thing.
    Good to be a statesman. You can rack up the traffic tickets and run over people without penalty.
    Yep, little by little. we go back to the lords in the castle."

Oh my, yes! I worked under the State Dept 3X in my career: Netherlands, Bulgaria, and Uzbekistan. It would totally amaze the American public if they only knew. To be blunt, I hate the State Department. They are our most pampered, pompous, privileged caste that reminds me of the old French aristocracy before Napolean. Honestly! I personally saw $70,000 a year spent for housing for one family while the education cost per child was something ridiculous $35-$50,000 in ~2007...they had 5 children (maybe 6) and that was just one family, not even the Ambassador. I have seen housing provided for the lowest employee that would equate to full Colonel (O-6) in the USA military. Medical is nothing short of unreal as if they have no problem obtaining a C-130 with a full medical staff for one individual - no problem. The stories I could tell...and what makes my blood boil is they truly believe they are so special that they are entitled to this treatment.

If you REALLY want to see your tax dollars at work, be in a foreign country and try to get some type of assistance, even information, from your Counsel or Embassy.

VisuTrac likes this.
  16. VisuTrac

I love your optimism.

17. enloopious

Others feel the same.

18. VisuTrac

Vocal minority with content creator skillz.
    Until we get to the let them eat cake point.
    It's all ..
    img - 2022-09-30T092923.620.
    and free shit.

It's amazing what amount of abuse, pain and suffering we can sustain/endure before we snap.

And then, a few will confront directly.

Bandit99 and Dont like this.
  19. enloopious

Yes we all know that. A lot of people call me an optimist but I will tell you the same thing I told Brokor, this is survival monkey forums and we are here for survival, not doomsday. People who want to give up and die as soon as SHTF are not really what these forums are about. Yes I can appreciate the massive tsunami headed this way and I understand that the odds are not in our favor. I am not here to talk about the ways we can fail, I am only here to talk about the ways we can succeed. Many many years ago I used to be very good at strategy and tactics. The number one rule is that you have a positive mental attitude. The minute you think you will fail, you do. I have had more successes than anyone will ever know and many of them were ONLY because I refused to be defeated. If you don't know what I'm talking about look up Chesty Puller.

BlueDuck and VisuTrac like this.
  20. Bandit99

I don't think any here will give up willingly, on the contrary, I think most of the old buggers on this site will go out swinging, but heads held high. One of the few great things about age is it comes with wisdom and experience, so we indeed know what to expect but more so, what has to be done to win.

However, I do disagree that "the odds are not in our favor." I believe the odds are greatly in our favor! In fact, so great that I truly doubt if SHTF, the chaos and havoc will surpass the opposition's fortitude almost immediately. I mean that! I would not be surprised to see the three maxims of Surprise, Speed, and Violence of action end this before it truly gets started. Why? Because people are so damn fed up and because we have something to fight and die for; they do not. So, not to worry, Enloopius.

Also, it is not that we will "give up and die as soon as SHTF" but with things like nuclear war...well, does one truly want to live? Besides, we probably won't know until we see a flash and that will most likely be the last thing we see...if we're lucky as better that than rotting away with radiation poisoning or screaming through the remainder of your life from burns.

One thing is certain, the pendulum is swinging in our direction and things are coming to a head as November is about a month away, so we'll know soon.

Anyway, my 2 cents...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7