Casting A Bronze Sword Using Sand Casting

Discussion in 'Blades' started by chelloveck, Mar 24, 2024.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Casting a bronze sword using sand casting method. This technique is useful for casting other useful objects in Bronze.

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Note the personal protective equipment being worn / used. It isn't a job to be done in flip flops and budgie smugglers. ;)

3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Would use foundry sand, doesn't cost too much, is reusable, and a lot safer Not that expensive and the biggest danger I have run across in casting or reloading is any water or trace of it "WILL" cause a steam explosion and spatter liquid lead etc all over the place. He shows using water to hold it together and I don't know how long he let it dry or if the whole mold would be dry. Agree with Chell. I always use a full face shield even when casting bullets.

The guy doing the bronze sword knows what he is doing and what corners he can cut from a full commercial operation. Very good example of what is possible at a home shop. The material holding the sand in place burns, not a steam explosion. Much safer and a much better surface to the casting..

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7