Caribbean Vacation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

One of my old sea monkeys just reported in from Port a Prince and it seems to have improved a bit since I was there in February of 2004 but I don't think Carnival will be advertising stops there any time soon. 26229485_10213494424412997_4713697890353199302_n. 26231095_10213494422492949_5536896764135769084_n. 26731145_10213494423172966_2176554627609956108_n. 26731522_10213494423332970_3830454556239984324_n. 26903881_10213494422172941_7784228654060896026_n.

Dont, UncleMorgan, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

A garden spot amidst a sea of garden spots in the Caribbean... :whistle: Please note: I didn't say one S...H... after another! :rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

OK, I'll say it, there ALL SHIT HOLES! Call me what you will, but it's the honest truth, nothing more, noting less! Been to some of the very worst, so Haiti ain't as bad as others, but still!

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Are you sure that's not the South Side of Chi Town?

UncleMorgan, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

To quote our dear President and not to sugar coat it, "Sh**thole"... And, I've had my fill of them.

Dont, UncleMorgan, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Actual dead people. That's awesome, for some seriously sub-optimal values of awesome. I'm glad, for their sake, that it's "better" than it was, because worse than that is, well just damn.

7. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Actually the appropriate term for middle eastern countries is Camel Shithole.

8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The things you see in some Turd Wirld Countries makes those images seem tame! I will not share the few I have of Bosnia and A-Stain, make a feller Puke, and that's sayin something!
    There are places in Africa that make even that seem ok, and they think it's normal and all ok! There are reasons they are still 3rd place!

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Send the pictures to CNN and the other abc networks, See how many get broadcasted?

10. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Yep, the pics look just about like what I saw in my adventures to Haiti with Uncle Sam...... Sh*t H*le for sure!!!!

UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Somalia

Ura-Ki likes this.
  13. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

A real eye-opener is the Vice Liberia series on YouTube. 9 videos, and each one more disturbing than the last.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

Some places, Hatti, Somalia, etc, are bad beyond belief because they have too many people and not enough resources, and a corrupt system negating any real attempts to change things for the better. Others, the Congo or whatever you wish to call it, Zimbabwe, North Korea, Venezuela, etc, have all the natural resources needed to lead a good life, but instead show poster children starving, dead bodies, etc, as they have somehow have developed a culture that each group, religious faction or clan fights everyone else for power and the wealth of the nation, or one group lives like gods chosen on earth and forces everyone else to live in total poverty. Starving children in a nation with rich farmland, gold and diamonds in its rivers, timber in its forests, copper, oil, and everything else in its soils, is a societal, cultural, and perhaps racial or religious problem, and attacking Trump for pointing that out isn't going to change anything. Pointing out that in much of Africa, forcing whites to leave the areas that they have lived in for 3 to 400 years, as they are not black, is acceptable, but saying that we should favor whites in allowing immigration into the USA, is racist, is also a problem. For whatever reason, a certain subset of our urban population has for all practical purposes degenerated into an ungovernable, unlawful, criminal group, that is perpetuating itself and expanding. Describing it, saying it is a problem, and trying to assimilate them back into our old dominate culture is not racist, it is pointing out a real documented problem and hopefully attempting to find a solution. It is interesting that those screaming the loudest, usually are using the system to maximize their wealth and power, Sharpton and many of the other black leaders comes to mind, and they really don't want it fixed, only expanded, so as to increase their wealth and power.

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Now how in the hell did a few vacation pictures suddenly become something about Donald Trump? Isn't that a bit of a leap?

oldman11, Ganado, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Seeing photos like that makes me wonder how it is possible that people still live in these conditions. With all the money, technology and charity, how do these conditions exist? When I see photos like this, I look around at my surrounds and know I am blessed but I also think that maybe those people are stronger. The people in those photos are existing and surviving in the unimaginable.

17. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I know a Doc who went there to help, he came back a changed man and is no longer a snow flake. This is a guy who still has the first pair of Cowboy Boots he bought and wears them every day in his office. Re-soles them as needed. A very humble and poor back ground. But now he knows he will never be able to change the world.

18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

11CFFA0B-CB61-4994-AC87-F066679F02EE.
    People in this country don’t understand real poverty. There is a reason why people in camel shitholes send some of ther children to be suicide bombers for payment. when the average annual income is less that $300 you do what you have to do. Our libs in this country have NO IDEA what a shithole is. Let Uncle Sugar send you to a shithole for a few months.

oldman11, Ura-Ki, Mountainman and 3 others like this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There are any number of reasons that these shitholes exist and continue to stagnate. Not the least of these reasons is education, compounded by a gap between the internal and external haves and havenots. The gap, regardless of how it was created, exists, live with it. Hauling the havenots into the world of haves is unlikely to work if imposed (to say forced) from altruistic nations and is apt to result in little (if any) gains for the havenots, and a very real loss to the haves, politically and economically.

Illustration of the idea, take a pot, fill it with water and mark on it the minimum acceptable level. Take another one, same size and MT. These represent "no wealth" and "wealth." Now, pour the wealth into the no wealth until the two pots are at the same level. Who wins, if the levels are both below the minimum acceptable level originally established?

Stated differently, is the have world sufficiently altruistic enough to lower its standards to bring a havenot shithole up, even a little bit? Methinks generally not, HOWEVER there ARE people ready, willing and able to go and teach, to improve the education level, perhaps to the point that bootstrapping the havenots can happen. Those who think that the willing and able should be supported, they should do so. But to ask (or impose politically) an entire society to give part of its existence is doomed to result in rebellion.

20. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

I guess that the Hillary Rotten Crotch Charity spent all that they collected for Haiti

on Haiti?...

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7