Mosby Campfire Chats–23JUN2024

Discussion in '3 Percent' started by survivalmonkey, Aug 17, 2024.

1. survivalmonkey

survivalmonkey Monkey+++

John, how are you attaching the clay targets to the cardboard targets on your “Developing a More Effective Reactive Target” video?

I thought I showed that on the video. I’ll do another video with the targets being used in a drill, and show the attachments. It’s just duct tape and 550 cord.

——————————————————-

I’d put optics where feasible. If I was really worried about battery availability, I’d be looking at an etched reticle of some kind. I have too many firearms and probably most of us do too. Sell a few and get an ACOG or a LPVO or a prism of some type. Or stock the hell out of lithiums.

This is the way. Given the preponderance of electronics in daily life, batteries are right now, cheaper than they’ve ever been in history. Stockpile them as deep—or deeper—than you do ammunition, and you’ll be okay.

—————————————————-

John literally stated multiple times that it’s just easier, and quicker, to teach someone how to hit what they are aiming at with an optic.

The learning curve is significantly faster, that’s all he’s saying. Rather than becoming frustrated as many new shooters do because of sight alignment, sight picture, anticipation of recoil, etc. With an optic you eliminate the difficulty in refocusing your eyes on multiple planes of focus. Should a shooter be taught both BUIS and optics? Most certainly, and John stated as much.

The problem is if you suggest learning on optics and then switching to training on irons, the iron sight mob just latches on to some ridiculous idea that the sighting system you use somehow changes the fundamentals of shooting…..

Continue reading...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7