Bubonic Plague

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by OldDude49, Feb 21, 2024.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

hmmm.... odd thing...

worked at a Mosquito Abatement and Vector Control district that also covered other infection/diseases...

and there were continued reports of Bubonic Plague showing up from time to time all over the place...

it is basically a natural occurrence thing... and somewhere in the US there seemed to at least one report of it...

so... scare tactics???

FEAR CAMPAIGN: Bubonic Plague, one of history’s most lethal pandemics, was just detected in Oregon, health authorities claim

Zimmy likes this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

If the article were a scare tactic, it would apparently appear to be a strategy of a rabid ultra alt right digital rag.

Although the sensationalist clickbait article header "Fear Campaign" is unashamedly anti-government, this particular article is essentially factually reporting the circumstances of recent incidents of bubonic plague in Oregon. To suggest that Deschutes County Health Services' recommendations for Bubonic Plague risk management and precautions is a fear campaign, is risible.

I was already aware that there were similar Bubonic Plague epidemics in Australia early in the 20th century to those in the USA. I found the references to the historical incidences of Bubonic Plague in the USA in the early 20th century interesting.

[​IMG]
    Bubonic plague

The present state of science, epidemiology, and public health policy and practice offers better risk management, and harm minimisation strategies than were available to humanity back at the beginning of the 20th century....against that is the fact that mass international air transportation may facilitate the faster spread of a bubonic plague epidemic, particularly of pneumonic plague, than might have been the case with Trans-Atlantic or Trans-Pacific boat transport.

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Bubonic plague has long known to be endemic in the US...but antibiotics still offer a good line of defense against it.

4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Agreed

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7