Body Spirit Mind

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by enloopious, Jun 24, 2022.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Your ass is like cookie dough. You want an abortion even though you are a guy? You need to toughen up. There are 3 aspects to human life. Body, spirit, mind. People need to be tougher in all of these. Some people like to exercise. It makes them feel good and it gets them in shape. Did you know that there are tricks you can do to exercise your spirit and your mind as well?

What have you done to make yourself tougher? These are the things that I have tried and had success with. I guess you could call them exercises. One of the keys for these things to work is to actually do the work. I have noticed people will buy a book but not follow the directions, then claim it didn't work. The people are the problem. If you can actually follow through with something the results are vastly different. Here's what I have tried and followed through with. If there is something you want to do and it is complementary to all 3 categories then it will probably work. I will probably be updating this list.

BODY
    Keep an elevated heart rate for at least 20 minutes per day, every day. Walk or run or climb if it makes you breath hard for at least 20 continuous minutes. More if you can.

Tai Chi - breathing exercises.

Intermittent fasting. Tried it. It works. Use an 8 hour food window or google it.

Eliminate carbs/sugars. Tried it. works. There's a book called 'the man diet' that I liked.

Camp in the wild.

Learn to fight. I don't want to die with out any scars. Join a local fight club. Meet new people, punch them in the face, and party together afterwards.

SPIRIT
    Eliminate everything negative from your life. Just walk away.

Visit nature as often as possible.

Get a hobby/learn a new skill. I fix old cars and get them running again. I build things.

Visit the cemetery. Reflect on the fact that one day you will be there buried in the ground so you better live your life while you have it.

Put yourself in difficult situations. This may be hard for some but you will get to the point where you don't care and then eventually you will enjoy it. It is fun to mess with people especially if you fear nothing.

Quit your job. If you hate your job quit and find a new one... or don't find a new one. I quit my job that paid well and started a business. Loved it. I have also moved from job to job to job and finally found one that pays in the top ten percentile. Mathematically you would have to try 10 different jobs to get in the top 10% sooo... get moving.

Do not tolerate people who bring you down. Don't see them. Don't talk to them. Don't be around them.

Be around people who inspire you. Always try to find people who are better than you in body, spirit, and mind and hang out with them. They will rub off on you.

MIND
    Fast. Detox. Remove toxins from your body. Try to go for a complete day with out eating.

HEMI-SYNC

Meditate.

Exercise. The stereotype of jocks being stupid is not true. Exercise makes your brain healthier and stronger.

Read. The information that goes into your body is just as important as the food. Read the dictionary. Learning new words will make everything better.

Stop all forms of media. Detox your intake and then selectively choose what you allow into your consciousness. Make people pay for your mindshare.

Eat healthy.

Use nootropics. Can't get the willpower to do something? There are alternatives.

All of this advice is completely useless with no follow through. If you buy a book on something and never read it and put it into action it will do nothing for you. If you read the book and only do half of what it recommends you will get 0 results. It is amazing how many people can't follow the most simple instructions. Feel free to share ways in which you have toughened up your body, spirit, and mind.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Big problem in defining those factors and developing them. God grants you some aspects of all three. Some of us have been gifted by the Lord and some have been chalenaged by the Lord. So we start off with different abilities. In addition social, economic, and cultural factors guide our development and the directions which the abilities develop. Some societies stress rote memory and conforming to a set of moral imperatives. Others have stressed the development of critical thinking and individual thoughts. In many ways the moral codes we follow are even more dependent on the more's of the society we live in.

Problem that is now in play is that we no longer have a code of what we wish or what is moral in our society.

Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Whisky

That's the answer to everything!

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I know of a bar or 2 that turns into a fight club occasionally,,, I've met a few new people,, punched them in the face ,,, haven't done a whole lot of partying with all of them afterwards ,,, and sure as hell got the heart rate up ,, most times it takes 15 minutes for the heart rate just to go back down ,,,
    Does this count ???

5. enloopious

A lot of people are influenced by society no matter how sick society gets... but like they say, you can lead a horse to knowledge but you can't teach the damn thing to read.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. enloopious

If you are trying to toughen up and not be one of the weak ass pansies that fights for your right to an abortion even though you are a man, then yes. The whole point of the post is ways to toughen our fat cookie dough like asses into carved wood.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I guess I was being a little of a smart-ass ,,, but I was serious about the bar fights ,, been in a few brawls in there ,, and still go back ,, it's good for a workout once in a while. It also helps keep yourself alert to the people around you ,, and how to judge them,, and their weaknesses and strengths.

Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  8. enloopious

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. enloopious

That is what they call dealing with the problems in a backwards escape. It does help you in the present but does nothing to fix the problems.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Depends on the problem. !

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7