blessing for a customer yesterday ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homunculi, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

waking up this morning .. realizing that today is the 10th year anniversary of my mothers passing ( hard to forget getting the phone call from the hospital staff at 6:30 in the am )
    while i was working yesterday i had a customer in front of me listening to a phone call i was on with some lady needing parts for her car ...
    i had to take the call off speaker phone as she started crying wondering how she was going to pay for the parts she needed ... asking my manager how much i can discount the parts for her without getting in trouble .. we were only able to to knock $18 off the total for her ...
    the customer that was in front of me who heard a lot of the call got his wallet out and handed me a $20 and asked me to help pay for her parts ....
    when this gal came in i had the parts on the counter with the pick ticket waiting for her ...
    after i got her calmed down a little and told her what me and the manager had done she was thanking me for the help ... after sending the invoice to the cashier .. she was getting ready to pay the bill when i walked up with the $20 and told the cashier to add it as payment for her parts ...
    she was breaking down trying to hold back tears ... as i was headed back to my station i told here that a customer that i was helping overheard some of our conversation .. and asked me to put the $20 towards her parts bill ....
    well in short .. i got to help soneone that needed it on the eve of my mother passing .. taking a little bit of the sting off of the thoughts running through my head this season
    now i am just in the kitchen ... prepping the christmas dinner with the kids .. making the honey glaze for the ham .. and other fixin's

MERRY CHRISTMAS ... FROM OUR FAMILY TO ALL OF YOU AND YOURS !!!

Alf60, Gator 45/70, john316 and 12 others like this.
  2. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Thank you. Merry Christmas right back at you and your family.
    I'm sorry for your loss, but your good heart & compassion still work just fine.
    That lady was blessed by your kindness.
    Ya' dun good.

3. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

You did very well and she would and I'm sure is proud of you sir.

techsar, Witch Doctor 01 and Bandit99 like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

(y),,good job H , always good when you can help someone that is really needing it ,,
    Hope you and the family have a very Merry Christmas

techsar and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  5. coloradohermit

coloradohermit Monkey+++ Founding Member

Although it's kind of bittersweet, I find that my parents, gone 25 and 34 years, always come back to me at Christmas time. It's the memories, the traditions, the recipes and nostalgic ornaments on the tree. I'm sure your Mother is proud of your efforts for your customer.

techsar, Zimmy and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Feels good to do something good for others.
    Have a blessed Christmas

techsar likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7