Best cheeseburger and fries in Charlotte

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Modus Operandi, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Charlotte, NC. Brooks Sandwich Shop, North Brevard St. I miss working in Charlotte just for the little hole in the wall restaurants like this. Fresh ingredients made fresh daily. One of the owners was murdered in December, unfortunately. But they refuse to close, owned by a 3rd generation family member.

20200715_144535.

20200715_144539.

Ganado, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  2. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Been there many years ago when I worked in CLT. Was almost a nice city. Almost. Lots of amenities, easy to get around, good food. But when crews of "urban youths" started setting the pine needles used as mulch on fire it was time to leave.

Gator 45/70, Tempstar and SB21 like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good to hear from friendly folks ,, born and raised in Charlotte here ,, did a lot of country living in the eastern farm country of NC in my younger years between school years. Charlotte is not what it used to be ,, it sure as hell ain't what I remember. But when I run thru there these days ,, I do it just as I did 40+ years ago. I ain't bowing to nobody on this dirt pile,, my bowing will be done as soon as I quit sucking air on this shitpile.

Gator 45/70 and Tempstar like this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Been there. Brooks makes one of the best hotdogs you'll ever eat too, with their own homemade chili, I also used to drive the 40 miles to get there to eat at South 21 Drive-in and take dates to the Spaghetti Warehouse. Back in the day before they started trying to be Atlanta.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  5. They also make a really good fried bologna sandwhich. All of their sandwhiches are made from fresh, never frozen meat and their fries are made from potatoes not frozen manufactured crap. The hot dog cat guy that used to work GHB Alley (the strip behind the night clubs) made some really good dirty water dogs,, just like in NYC. Turned it he was originally from the City and moved down there because of his grandkids. Charlotte is a nice place to visit but I would never live there again.

SB21, Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I have no earthly idea how I could have possibly missed a cheeseburger thread, but anyway that burger is a thing of beauty. :cool:

7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I want all those days back again , they have closed all places to visit and eat at for a flu..
    Sloth

8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

And right down 29 in Concord is Mr. C's, where I used to get a Super C with cheese. Mmmmm.

9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I'll have to put Brooks Sandwich Shop on my list of stops... along with Little Hardware and Hyatt's Gun Shop.

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

The old South 21 restaurant is still open,, pretty good burger ,,and trout plate,, the one on Independence Blvd, Charlotte, still have the guys bring it out to your car.

11. Don't forget What-a-burger in Concord and Kannapolis. I miss a Double What-a-cheese with chili and fries. And an ice cold Cheerwine.

Old South 21 is still good to go. I really miss the Penguin, they had great food and on weekends all the rockabilly folks would come down with their rat rods and bikes. It was cool to just people watch there. Back in the day...

SB21 likes this.
  12. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Cherry-Lemon Sundrop!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7