Bear Creek Arsenal Right Side Charging AR-15 Upper Receiver and Bolt Carrier Group

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Dec 17, 2017.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Been looking at this for some time. I like the fact of the direct attachment to the BCG. It fills a concealment need for a SBR or pistol that could be carried with a loaded magazine but nothing in the chamber. Much smoother to remove it from a case and jack a round in the chamber in a more natural movement.

These complete upper receivers have been on sale for $115.00
    Bear Creek Arsenal Right Side Charging AR-15 Upper Receiver and Bolt Carrier Group KIT-BCA-BCG-15-SC-BCA-UR-SC15

Suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL ... sure, buy one and give it a work out. We will all be waiting for your gear review. With pictures, of course.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oops - out of stock already

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. HK_User

Send money or a valid (you own) plastic card number for a comprehensive report with 8 x10 glossy photos with arrows and descriptions, no seeing eye dog here.

ghrit, sec_monkey and tacmotusn like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I just got one from American Express .... clear plastic with raised numbers and my name on it. I usually stick one or two of those in my wallet for opening cheap lock doors for folks. It always amazes them how little security they have or how easy it is to get in. I always tell them that doors without windows are always better than 95% of the windows out there, and if they live in an apartment complex or a condo that has some sort of attic access, well I tell them to get a ladder and go up there sometime and see how they or anyone with access can pop in at most any of their neighbors places. I love the deer in headlight look they get. Sheep all!!!
    I'll send you one of my BS unsolicited credit cards. Just send me a self address stamped envelope along with your full name, date of birth, phone number, and social security number.

Altoidfishfins, ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:LOL:

7. HK_User

Watch for the mailman, it's on the way.

sec_monkey and tacmotusn like this.
  8. duane

duane Monkey+++

I get just a little upset with many of the gun parts sites. They may list 50 different ar15 build kits and have 15 in stock, none in my price range or a rifle I wish to build. Watch them like a hawk on a rabbit, and when one I want does come in stock, order it at once. I know that there is nothing the shops can do, but ordering it and waiting a few weeks can be worrisome. Some brands I have had good luck with, often a small startup with a good product just trying to ramp up production, or a larger place waiting on some component in a kit, and some seem to be trying to do business with my money instead of goods on hand. In doing business over the internet, I have decided that the only thing that really counts is my personal experience. Brownells, Numrich, Cabela's,Lee, and a few others have been good to me and I have had good luck with PSA, but that's just my experience. Often buy powder, primers, and some guns locally. The cost of shipping, transfer charges etc makes them competitive and if we don't do business with them they quit stocking things or go out of business. I have also found that they will give me the best deal they can on special orders, doesn't tie up their money and may allow them to get better pricing with a larger order, and have built up enough rapport with a couple that when a used gun comes in that they know I might be interested in, they give me a call, and sometimes on consignment guns, they will give me a discount off their consignment markup. Some gun shops I do not patronize due to owners personalities, and some are good friends and we do more business than the wife really appreciates.

9. HK_User

My rule for a new site purchase is 3 days to ship, if they can't do that then I don't need them.

sec_monkey, duane and tacmotusn like this.
  10. duane

duane Monkey+++

Have ordered hand made knives that I knew were going to take months to get and just wanted to secure a place in his book, as he may never catch up and be able to ship in 3 days. That may well be a good rule for a new vendor though. The major parts suppliers for tools etc are getting very bad about shipping times. Some national tool brands often take a couple weeks for a switch or motor, and if back ordered, it may be months until delivery. Had an experience with Ford, dealer had 100's of cars and trucks in stock, but had to special order head bolts and gasket set.

sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, what do you expect? It takes a long time to ship that stuff from China.

HK_User likes this.
  12. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yes, and if things go south, we are going to be in a world of hurt. Even if made in USA, it often made on German, Japanese. Chinese, machine tools, with steel, cutting tools, etc from overseas, and with the just in time manufacturing, no parts in a supply chain. Bishop may well be right, might be time to learn how to use primitive weapons and buy simpler hand tools etc that will last for generations.

Biggest problem is that when you do buy an USA brand, it is often made outside the USA, or assembled from parts all over the world in the USA, or it is owned by a non American company. Some companies, Black and Decker for one, make nearly nothing from scratch in the USA.

oldawg, sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

Nothing new in that. I was a Tech for some equipment made in Germany and others made in Italy. The German parts took a while and were available pretty much year round. The Italian parts orders had to be scheduled around the vacation and winter holidays as the Plant shut down at that time. You can bet I always stocked up with my orders and even had a few parts machines. More than one customer went home with a new machine with their old covers. Service was number one and no BS excuses.

sec_monkey likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7