Recipe Baked Crab Rangoon (more crab less cream cheese)

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by tacmotusn, Oct 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I found this recipe from a cooking link a good friend gave me. Then I lost it. I made these already sort of. I had scribbled down some notes about the ingredients, and then when I had the urge to make them, I had misplaced the ingredient list and had forgotten the source. Guess what, I bookmarked the link. I will include the link to the site, with this recipe. Scroll down slow and look to your left(your other left ... lol, I screwed up). It lists a bunch of Mug Cake recipes that sound delicious. Come to think of it, I will put the page link on the Mug Cake recipe thread as well. Enjoy.
    Baked Crab Rangoon with Sweet Chili Sauce
    [​IMG]Print recipe

[​IMG]
    Serves 12 crab rangoon
    Prep time 15 minutes
    Cook time 15 minutes
    Total time 30 minutes
    Ingredients
    crab rangoon
    • 6oz crabmeat
    • 4oz lowfat cream cheese
    • 3 tablespoons mayo
    • 1 thinly sliced green onion
    • 1 tablespoon sugar
    • pinch of salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
    • 12 won ton wrappers
    • 1 egg (for egg wash)
    • 2 tablespoons melted butter
    sweet chili sauce
    • 3/4 cups sugar
    • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    • 1-3 teaspoon sriracha
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
    • 2 tablespoons water
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 425°f
    2. Mix the crab meat, cream cheese, mayo, onion, sugar, salt and ginger. Put about a tablespoon in each wonton wrapper, then fold the wrapper over the mixture by bringing the corners together. Mix the egg with about a tablespoon of water and use this egg wash to help seal the wrappers.
    3. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Add the wontons to the sheet then brush them with the melted butter. Cook them in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the edges turn brown.
    4. While the wontons bake, may the sweet chili sauce. Put 1/4 cup water, rice vinegar and sugar in a small pot over medium-high heat. Stir it and bring to a boil. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic. Turn heat to medium and boil another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
    5. Add the sriracha to the pot. In a separate dish, mix the water and corn starch. Add the mixture to the pot and continue boiling and stirring for about 3 minutes, until the mixture thickens, then turn off the heat.
    6. Remove the crab rangoon from the oven, let them cool a couple of minutes and serve them with the sweet chili sauce.
    Baked Crab Rangoon with Sweet Chili Sauce | the Hungry Hedgehog

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

LOW FAT? I don't think so. And, I am a BIG fan of cream cheese, especially in my rangoonies. [dancindevil]

Ganado, tacmotusn and Tobit like this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL .... I know, I used regular cream cheese and doubled the recipe ...... it made 31 crab ragoonies. We were already doing a fish fry so deep fried these as well, but first for the folks to munch on. They disappeared into pie holes as fast as they were out of fryer and cool enough to eat. We actually had some fish and shrimp leftovers after the meal, and some folks almost hurt themselves eating too much.

4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

if you love cream cheese here is another quick easy delicouse .... cream chease spread out all over a plate, then pour cocktail sauce all over the top of that . then take cooked shrimp and put them all over the top of that and scoop it off with ritze crackers. or what ever type of crackers you got but ritz is the best ...
    Make u wanna slap ur momma...

Ganado likes this.
  5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Lowfat is just WRONG...the reason that crap keeps you skinny is cause it tastes like crap so you don't wanna eat much! And I love crab!

6. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I love chili sauce. Great recipe, Tacmotusn!

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Ganado
  7. Homunculi
  8. Bishop