Australia Flooding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The 'sandbaggers' (aka State Emergency Services) Flood are being kept very busy in many areas of Australia's Eastern coast over the past couple of weeks.

There have been a number of fatalities, and considerable property damage and human hardship in the affected areas. Australians are resilient folk, and communities will pull together to recover from natural disasters: It's just a fact of life in Australia, that natural disasters will happen on a regular basis.

It has to be said, that some Australians have risen to the challenge of dealing with disaster in novel, creative ways:

How Sally's spreadsheet helped save hundreds of lives in Lismore's flood crisis

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I can see y'all have the same Green Weenies down there ,,, blaming all the world's weather issues on fossil fuels .
    Either way ,, I hope you all fare well .

Altoidfishfins and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Southern Atlantic Magnetic Anomaly’s growing and moving West, pulling more rain into the coast.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Some water under my house but Fromm seepage (3000l I think I pumped over the past couple of weeks) but much better than those who’s home were under water above the roof level.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

we had the same shit in Canada happen , and it was delivered to an area . I live in a rain forest , while the lower mainland and the interior were hit , we got little , it passed over us and then they made it drop washing out the farm lands / dropping bridges and killing livestock ..
    weather comes in from the west onto canada , im as west of canada you can go !!.
    I see BS happened here .
    S

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  7. STGThndr

STGThndr Monkey+

Too bad all that water was wasted flowing into the sea... send it to the outback!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's a nice thought, but geography and topography makes that more than a little difficult....flood water will always flow to its lowest level...just not in the ways that would benefit agriculture and grazing in any meaningful way.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Since there is a propensity to flooding , why aren’t Chanel’s deepened to provide better drainage?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lakes are nice with hydro-electric capability's, One gets almost free green energy, boating and fishing, No swimming as the croc's stay hungry. What is more greener than free running water generating electricity?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7