Aren't duffle bags good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mariesays, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Mariesays

Mariesays Monkey

My friends and I had a debate last week about duffle bags. One of them said they weren't worth the money . Personally, I've been using a branded duffel bags for years, and it still looks great without any wear or tear - it's never gone out of style. I firmly believe that everyone should own a duffle bag. I use mine at the gym, office, and everywhere I go. Nothing beats the convenience that a duffle bag provides! So, if you don't have one already, I highly recommend getting one! How is your experience with duffle bags?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2023
    Seepalaces likes this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Nothing Wrong with them, BUT,..............Water Proof Stuff Sacks are even better! I use several in multiple rigs, they are super handy for keeping things like GHB/BOB and Survival preps, especially for the Planes and Boats! You can get super heavy duty rubberized and artic rated stuff sacks at mostly reasonable prices these days! Lots of Off Road Shops around here stock them, as do the "Adventure Van" and "Overlanding" shops, and finally the Good Marinas and supply shops should stock them!

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

I prefer more of a backpack style of bag for most things. I use "tool bags" for many things, but once they are loaded and have some weight to them, they become quite cumbersome. Back in my junkyard crawling days, even a 20 pound tool bag with a single shoulder strap would become tiresome hiking the unstable gravel yards. Having the load all on one side did not contribute to stability. Heavy duty backpacks or knapsacks were no problem even weighing 60 pounds. On my rare junkyard I bring my own wheel barrow or wagon. Absolutely no way I would consider any of those "duffle" bags in the link. Everything there appears to be a rather expensive glorified purse.

Seepalaces likes this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

In my Airforce hitch (late 1970s) , the GI dufflebag had only one strap. Later in my second hitch, Navy (early 1980s) they had switched to two padded straps, like a backpack. Much easier to carry. Still awkward loaded with all my uniform stuff.

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I've collected about 50 duffle bags over the years uber cheap at garage sales - keep them rolled up for storage >>> they are part of of emergency cache system I have for sweeping off my tool benches and emptying my tool boxes in an extended pre-period bug out - have poly tarps to match for wrappers >>>> remote local spots targeted as cache locations - dump bags and camo to match the current season .....

Seepalaces, Tempstar and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I think there's a place for a duffle bag. My husband prefers the duffle bag for any kind of car travelling. I'm the weirdo girl who only likes to travel with a backpack. I even pack in a backpack for airplane travel. Perhaps it's all personal preference.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7