Any of you old enough to have to install bars in the bathroom?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Hanzo, May 30, 2024.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I have repurposed the bar soap holder for a beer shelf. That's the extent I can get away with.

Hanzo, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Wife has Altzheimers and I am 86. Have transfer bench to get in and out and bars. Wouldn't want to be without them. Standard bath, shower, has no place to grab if you slip and fall backwards. Very cheap insurance

sec_monkey, SB21, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Had to do it for my folks and my MIL. There are special anchors for fiberglass showers to prevent cracking and failure. Not sure if they have them for drywall, but I ALWAYS go into a stud.

sec_monkey, SB21, Hanzo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I installed custom bars all over the house when we built it, along with the B'day's and other needed things, sure has helped everyone more then one would have thought!

I'm 54 and my body is used up, I have been blown up, burned, frozen, shot, cut, snake bit, run over, and crushed, those were some LONG hard miles! Trust me, after a hard day of working, i'm all stove up and any help I can get is going to keep me from hurting my self far worse then I already am! I have also fell in the bathroom TWICE, the first time I broke 4 ribs and punctured a kidney, the second time, I ended up with 32 stitches on my back and buttocks thanks to the tub faucet gouging the hell out of me on the way down, Yea, I'm not ashamed to admit I have and use ADA bars and other aids to help me along!

jimLE, 3M-TA3, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I don't need them (yet) but have them installed...something about being prepared and such... ;)

3M-TA3, sec_monkey, duane and 2 others like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

While I'm borderline needing the grab bars for safety purposes ,,, I do use my soap dish for a beer holder ,, but I can definitely see the dangers of having that much liquor in the shower,, it could cause me to stay in a little longer than needed,, and could cause a little extra instability,,, but I will take my chances ,,,,:D

Hanzo, 3M-TA3, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Safety bars? Me, no. My GF, yes, she needs them, because of her RA. When I get around to finding and buying a place here, if any bathrooms need to be re-done, my plan is to figure out a way to either install one of those walk-in tubs for her, or make it so that the back and side walls of a tub enclosure, I can't help but hit solid wood, when installing bars for her.

Though I'm sure she'd appreciate the other type of bar, too! ;)

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

If I'm drinking in the shower we are all in trouble

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

those stick on the wall of the shower type are a waste of money!!!

probably walkin tub shower way better...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7