Another of my "I found this an interesting read" posts - pro vs anti

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DKR, Feb 12, 2024.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Think About It - Kunstler

Money quote - hook:
    So, the period of disorderly transition we’re in is not moving toward greater dominance by giants, but to the survival of the small and nimble. We will not see capital formation like the orgy of recent times; rather the vanishing of things falsely presumed to be capital, contraction not expansion. You’ll be struggling to identify and preserve real wealth, which you’ll find in unexpected places, like the friends you can count on, your reputation for honesty, your dependability, acquired skills, and your health, physical and psychological.

The reminder is much along the same lines....

My thanks to the mods for tolerating these posts...

duane, Ura-Ki and Zimmy like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It sounds very much like Jordan Peterson word salad...erudite sounding deepities. Will have a look at the link...the money quote seems like nickel and dime small change.

Kamp Krap likes this.
  3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Says the master chef of word salads.......:)

Capt. Tyree, Alf60, Bandit99 and 5 others like this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

The question is how long to find and surround yourself with good people who also like you too. Post economic and cultural collapse and during a period of unregulated violence it may be hard to find decent dependable people that aren't jaded, scarred, and self serving by hard learned experience.

SB21, Tempstar and Capt. Tyree like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7