Almost the truth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:shock:
    almost_the_truth_134.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:mad:

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We were told we have to say "Happy Holidays!" or "Have a wonderful holiday....whatever...It has to be PC and not say Christmas... :rolleyes:

I'm not playing that.....

Fire me...

:D

4. Quigley_Sharps

Good for you CRC. [bow]

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

What is the official National Christmas Holiday called by the Fed?
    TLynn, do you get the day off for Christmas or Happy Holiday

6. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's Christmas. We just got our EO and EEO classes today, I wanted to puke. We were told that we can't call ourselves green anymore. That is how I was taught to get around the racial differences, we are all green. Well, we can't say that anymore because it doesn't recognize our racial diversity. The instructor called himself African American and kept calling us whites Caucasians. I stood up in front of the class and told him that I was getting offended and if he did it one more time I would file a EO complaint against him. He asked me what I wanted to be called and I told him a Swedish, English, German, American Indian, American. He claimed that he couldn't remember everyones ethnicity. I told him that I didn't have any proof he was from Africa. He wanted me to come to a solution on what we were going to do about this and I told him that if he calls me just a American, I will call him just an American. He said that didn't recognize his ethnicity and I then told him that he hadn't recognized mine since he had been in the room. Needless to say, I got to go see the big man today. You could tell he wanted to laugh, but professionally chewed my ass. Not because I was wrong, but because I disrupted the class!

7. E.L.

Priceless. We had a big stink a while back when the Gov. sent us an e-mail telling us to celebrate national gay & lesbian day/week whatever. A bunch of people had a fit and complained, and they were threatened with EEO complaints. Needless to say a friend of mine was threatened, so he filed an EEO complaint against the Gov. Needless to say I was involved and wrote letters on his behalf as a character witness. Before it was over with he won his case. In his case he made the accusation that the Gov. was promoting diversity instead of what they should be promoting, unity. He was right on the money.

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's Christmas...and if the f'n people dont like it...they can shove it.

Personally, for myself I don't care one way or the other. I don't celebrate it myself...

I just try to send people RAOK's at random times throughout the year...easier that way and far less stress for me.

But whatever makes mother happy works for me.

At work...it's Christmas and I dare anybody to tell a veteran that it's not.

9. Quigley_Sharps

pray_634.

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

First, even thought its not the name used for what I personaly celibrate its still Christmas, and if a damned pagan from the Bible belt isnt offended by it being called Christmas then all the rest can sure as hell get over it!
    Second, good job Sniper, I would have been a total ass and told him I wanted to be called Whiskey Tango. :p :D
    Third, Ive been lucky, most of my work for several years now has been for myself or companies to small to have to worry about PC other than maybe getting decked if a slur got to out of hand, so what exactly is the EO and EEO?

11. E.L.

Equal Employment Opportunity. It means that they want as diverse a workforce as possible. Fill all the quotas irregardless of ability or qualifications.

12. melbo

Ask Clarence Thomas

13. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ok, figured it was something along the line of PC, sensitivity training and such just wasnt sure of exactly what it stood for. Im well aware of the quotas and so on. ;)

14. Quigley_Sharps

Yeah PC crap is too deep now days, Im lucky to be surrounded by friends of all colors who joke and take a joke just fine.
    People need to lighten up all around .

15. melbo

Amen Brother.
    I work around the same types of crews.
    I wonder where we humans got such a thin skin about words.

16. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ya, but wait until you work around someone who can't take a joke. We have a couple like that and when we see them coming, everyone just gets quite and stares at them until they leave. You have to time it just right so that just before they are gone, everyone starts talking again. Soon enough, they get the hint that they aren't wanted around. We have a female that is 47 years old that filed a sexual harrassment charge because she walked in the hangar one day and as guys will do, were goofing around and one guy was humping another guys leg like a dog. She was insensed and filed against the commander because he lets that stuff happen. Needless to say, the guys don't hump each other's leg anymore and she has been ostrasized to the point that she eats her lunch in the car because no one wants to be around her.

17. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Now, if they had been humping her leg, I'd say she had reason to complain but otherwise, ridiculous

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

All this crap stems from one or two thin skinned worms that saw an opportunity to raise a ruckus and got the lawyers involved. Simple courtesys that were ignored by a**wipes have now become law to protect those that (for some reason) are unable to take what us old timers got toughened up on. To paraphrase an expression from the Army's trade school, "Society has." Just disgusting. :evil:

19. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I work around veterans all day long and as a rule I could care less what any of them say. I've heard it all and I mean I've heard it all.

I could probably make a few of them blush if I had a mind to but it's not worth the effort. But we too have to worry about the EEO thing.

My boss on the other hand...you could demand she do something about somebody harassing you (and I mean reallly harassing you) and she'd just look at you with a vacant stare. After all they are veterans and of course they really don't sexually harass women ever. God is she dumber than dirt.

I solved the problem my own way...told him he ever touched me again I'd just flat ass kill him end of story. Never had another problem since. See don't need no EEO people to take care of things. [cof]

Especially, since my boss can't get her ass in gear and do shit (what the hell good is her degree and the wage she makes - damn PC democrat).

20. E.L.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7