A SM survival knife?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by E.L., Dec 30, 2005.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think that one of our knife makers should come out with a SM Survival knife. Built with survival in mind. Maybe with the blade size of a K-Bar. Possibly with some SM stamping, carving in the handle, you guys know what I am taking about. Any ideas?

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

WHOA, I would buy one. That is the best idea I have heard yet. I want a K-Bar style knife also, with a round handle/hilt and NO lip on the back of the handle. It keeps me from spinning the knife in a fight and going from over to underhand protection.

My two cents.

good:
    [​IMG]
    bad:
    [​IMG]

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I think it would be a cool project. Maybe one of them can whip up a quick 50 for us ;)

not like this one please:
    I know T and Valk, but I couldn't resist....

[​IMG]

The 911 designation isn’t for the emergency call, it’s to remind its user of the enemy we face, the war we fight, and the heroes who fight it! With the subdued 9/11 Tribute limited edition nomenclature on it’s blade, the operator carries with him a visible reminder of the Americans lost and the heroic efforts of those who take arms in defense of liberty. Blade design offers a combination spear/tanto point with the best attributes of both. CTV2 steel, an intimidating blade length in excess of eight inches, hollow grind and v-chisel sharpened edge make the Interceptor 911 an incredibly effective fighting tool. The Interceptor 911 E&E offers further enhancements for real-time escape and evasion activities. It includes a patent pending Splitter Hilt™ which provides for cutting away harnesses and overhead cables. Backsaw is optimized for cutting through plexiglass aircraft canopies or helo windows. The choil-notch doubles as both a bottle opener and peacemaker-its’ deployment and use is a great bar fight deterrent in exotic third world locales. Extended serrations aid underwater cutting efforts. Hilt ports provide additional attachment points for paracord in survival situations. Window-breaker in pommel. Notch design allows prybar style mechanical advantage for entry through aluminum vehicle rooftops. Expander tip provides expanded entry-wound channel. Like all Dark Ops blades, the CTV2 steel will last for decades! The most advanced fixed blade fighter in service today. 100% made in America! Black Titanium CarboNitride (TiCN) vacuum deposited finish.

4. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I know where you've been melbo and that is sooooooo wrong!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, I'm like Broker on this, I like the Ka-Bar's and even the one he likes, though to be honest I'd prefer a Gerber Mk II. Yes, I am that picky.

Anybody have one they want to sell me cheap??? (I really gotta quit buying knives to give away to my friends when I don't have one of my own yet). [cof]

5. 155gunner

155gunner Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like the Gerber Mk II also. My brother has the one I carried in the Army at his place in Idaho :(

6. Brokor

Ya, I need a K-Bar. I broke my old one by using a hammer on it while trying to chop a chickens head off.

:unsure:

Long story.

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto.... [ROFL]

8. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hmmmm....South Florida....Santaria??? [ROFL]

9. Brokor

lol. It was actually back a little while ago when I lived in Arizona.

Only about 22 years ago or so... :eek: I have the new gen K-Bar. Ya, they suck.

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like the idea of 550 cord on the handle too. Versatility is key to survivability.

11. TLynn

I have several Ka-Bar's, I love them all (but mine, except for one, are not the new generation ones).

I tend to prefer the one I have from somewhere around the Vietnam era. It's a rock solid one. Beat up but still working just fine.

As for the new generation Ka-Bar - have you considered the fact that you can actually sharpen the false edge of the blade as well? Of course then you have to remember it's a two edged blade at that point. And it can be sharpened very nicely indeed... :D

12. Brokor

Yes, they do sharpen nicely that way. I use a new gen K-Bar in tanto bladed style. But, I am not as proficient with it in a fight because the damn lug on the end hangs down. Maybe I can grind it off. :shock:

OH! I want to share a pic with you of my S&W boot knife. Your gonna love it...

[​IMG]
    It has the 1 3/4 edge on it, and I had to sharpen the 3/4 edge. Came out very nice.

13. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

interesting

14. TLynn

This is still my all time favorite knife

[​IMG]

The gun in the picture doesn't count (though it's kinda cute). And both sides of it are already sharp :lol:

No, it's not a Gerber Mk II (though it is a Gerber). I like your little boot knife though Broker (but I'm not a fan of S&W knives).

15. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

16. TLynn

Thanks BigUglyOne, but I've still got to finish paying off the car repair bill. I will live with what I have. After all from what I understand the knife I have is even more rare - not that I care (since I didn't even know they made it till someone told me).

I love it just the same and it's a sweet one.

Ah well, back to dragging out guns to check over and see what I should possibly put up for sale...have a good one guys.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7