A new player in the Military-Industrial-Complex, a smart one (Anduril)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Jan 14, 2024.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Zimmy likes this.
  2. DKR

3. DKR

Zimmy likes this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

This is the future - period. Cost, scalable, easy and quickly to produce... I made some comments in another post how I believe the era of the super carrier is over due to cost not only of the carrier but of the fleet needed to protect it, its venerability, and manufacturing time. Take all these things and think of the number of unmanned drones (air, surface, underwater), anti-ship missiles, even submarines that you can produce. Also, look at what the Ukrainians have done to the Russian navy with drones and a few missiles. Frankly, if China does invaded Taiwan, I think we will have our eyes forced opened and the result will change naval warfare.

Think of the advantages an autonomous fighter drone or even a pilot-controlled drone can have against a manned fighter with better acceleration and turning G-forces, the ability to accept more damage, carry more armor or weapons since no human aboard and if all else fails rams the enemy.

I am not saying that we don't need carriers since we do for specific missions/scenarios; however, we certainly do not need as many and perhaps they need to be smaller so that a loss of one isn't ruinous nor should they be the cutting edge of our offense. Anyway, drones, missiles and submarines should be our main focus.

Zimmy, CraftyMofo and DKR like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7