A Gracious Southern Woman....

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by CRC, Oct 25, 2010.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Janet's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement - not even her parents' nasty divorce.

Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear, and would be the best-dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Janet was horrified to learn that her father's new, young wife had bought the exact same dress as her mother. Janet asked her father's wife to exchange it, but she refused. ''Absolutely not! I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it,'' she replied..

Janet told her mother, who graciously said, ''Never mind sweetheart..I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day.''

A few days later, they went shopping, and did find another gorgeous dress for her mother.

When they stopped for lunch, Janet asked her mother, ''Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where
    you could wear it..."

Her mother just smiled and replied, ''Of course I do, dear.
    I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.''

[batteye]

2. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

[rofllmao][rofllmao][rofllmao][rofllmao]

I read this to the hubby ... he said that sounds like somebody I know ;)

True story ...

Hubby and I had a fairly short courtship. His ex- tried and tried to break us up but I am just a tad bit stubborn. She calls me one night telling me she is never gonna let him go (she kicked him out a year before) and the divorce is never gonna be final because she will just keep getting it continued.

I tell her that is fine. Drag her feet all she wants but 6 months and a day after the divorce is final (whenever that is) the DH and I are getting married.

DH FINALLY gets his final decree and comes over that night so we can go to dinner ... wait ... get the calendar ... oh look ... we can get married on August 13th. :shock: DH has this look that can only be described as panic-stricken ... Ahhhh, can I pick another date?? ... Hmmm, why?? ... Because that is mine and the ex-'s anniversary ... NO ****!! :D[stirpot]

Guess when our anniversary is?? LOL [CRC]

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

:D [rofllmao]

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

LOL... payback can be a B**ch...

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO]

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++