2020 Truly Does Suck! Ol Remus has passed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dont, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That explains the sudden failure to update the Woodpile. Rather sudden, and just as suddenly missed.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Dang!!!
    A big loss...RIP!!

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Will miss him. A well rounded individual with a sense of time and of beauty that are rare in our present age. Loved how he always started the blog and ended it with things that he considered more important than words, the timeless beauty of art and how a man of 300 years ago and the man of today can see beauty in the same way. His use of artists and their art to show not what actually exists as in a cell phone shot, but what the beauty of the scene can be in the mind of a great artist. His selection of the week were as eagerly awaited as his information as to what was being said on the net. He always selected photos of things of the past that gave a sense of the spirit of our nation, street scenes from the 1930's, WW2 photos, old ads showing what we were being exposed to in our everyday life. His whole blog was the exact opposite of the now emerging cancel culture and the destruction of our past. He wanted to show us that past and to make it as much a part of our lives as it was his. I know of no one one this earth who did it as well and with as little out right preaching as he did. If any of the other members of this group know of someone doing it well, I would like a reference to their writings. With his faith as expressed in his writings, the loss of his wife, and the present craziness, perhaps it was a good time to leave, at a beautiful sunset, rather than in the midst of a stormy night. At 82, I often wonder if God will give me the gift of leaving peacefully, rather than suffering thru health, personal loss, or financial and cultural ruin, for years. May sound weird to those of you that are 20, but many of us elderly with a faith in God, don't look at death in quite the same way as you do. I miss what gifts he would of continued to give us had he continued to live and morn the loss of all the knowledge that he took with him. If ever a grave deserved a rose on it, his and his wife's do.

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I just learn't !
    S
    RIP Sir
    Teach me later

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Hard to hit a "like" on this but I did nonetheless.
    We are losing all the good'uns :(

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and SB21 like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I enjoyed his elegant writing style and found great wisdom in them as well. We have truly lost a statesman!

8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

He was one of my most favorite stops on the web.I will miss him. RIP sir.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7