10 Superfoods Healthier Than Kale

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Yard Dart, Nov 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    10 Superfoods Healthier Than Kale

vonslob, Dunerunner and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Kohlrabi: Fast-Growing Superfood

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Good list @Yard Dart. Many of those are easy to grow.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Also in the article linked is other links. On the romaine lettuce is a link- one of the 6 superfoods in disguise-

Iceberg Lettuce | Eat This, Not That

I have never heard that iceberg was good for you. I have heard it was bad and actually had Pediatricians discourage me from feeding it to my kids because there was no value. They love the stuff and eat it all the time, quite often plain.

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

There are a lot of people out their with opinions.... some are right, some have an agenda, some are bought off by a constituency, and others are just flat out wrong... research and learn what is best for you.... others may just send you down the wrong road for what is right.

Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have always approved of veggies. The Drs haven't always agreed but if figure veggies are better for you. If the child wants a can of green beans then okay, much better the fruit loops. Same with lettuce, it was fresh and they liked it.

I knew from talking to farmers that kale was a fad and not the king of superfoods, actually I think the term superfoods is not very old either.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Marketing Hype.... Mostly BS.... Veggies that you find in any Grocery Store, are just fine, and plenty Good for even the pickiest Mom...

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Gotta get that greenhouse built!! :unsure:

Mindgrinder, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  9. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

i like kohlrabi,easy to grow here in the spring and late fall. Always have eaten it raw, it is something that you can eat without cooking. Never been a fan of kale, only eat it in soup. Had a roommate from the south turn me on to greens, collard greens, turnip greens. Greens are easy to cook and easy to grow.

Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Ugh...how to develop a taste for watercress....
    Maybe as sprouts....hmmm....
    As far as everything else on that list....meh.
    Kale is king over any lettuce.....the worse it tastes the better it is for ya I figure.
    Granted - everything on that list is easy to grow and cheap seeds so it certainly wouldn't hurt to put it all out for variety.

Purple Kohlrabi certainly looks cool in the garden.
    [​IMG]

Haven't tried the Superschmeltz yet though..
    [​IMG]

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7