Large Stainless Kelly Kettle - basic base camp set up

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Bear, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Aloha Monkeys.....

Great piece of kit... fired it up once to try it out and boils water in no time...

I'm the original purchaser...

They go for around $130 shipped online...

Gonna cost me around $20 to ship it... so how about $85 shipped Priority Insured with tracking to the USA only for the good Monkeys around here ;)

Thanks for looking....

Have a great day!

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

DSCF9253.JPG

DSCF9254.JPG

DSCF9255.JPG

DSCF9256.JPG

DSCF9257.JPG

DSCF9258.JPG

DSCF9259.JPG

DSCF9260.JPG

DSCF9261.JPG

DSCF9262.JPG

Motomom34, Hanzo, stg58 and 1 other person like this.
  2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

good deal !!!

Bear and Hanzo like this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

They make wonderful air fresheners in the house during the winter.

I have two, and a nice story about the Kelly Kettle folks. I ordered a 3 pint stainless Kelly Kettle kit from Ireland, and had to do the currency conversion to figure out the price. (that kinda adds to the cool factor!) I couldn't wait to get this thing and fire it up! Hot Cocoa, tea, and the total satisfaction of burning old receipts and junk mail. How's that for "carbon neutral?" Funny thing is that the Kelly Kettle has the same kind of allure as a steam engine. The belching fire, the smoke, the steam. One provides locomotion, the other boiling hot water for tea, cocoa, washing, whatever. I think my Dad, a boiler-makers son, and himself a steam engineer is smiling.

I found the much awaited box (complete with customs stamp signed by Seamus Kelly) on my doorstep a couple weeks later. After several boils, and fantastic smells in the kitchen from the residue in the chimney [​IMG] I noticed a leak.

Here's my first letter back to them.

I've had my lovely Kelly Kettle for about a week, and have boiled three kettles full of water.

This evening I noticed water on the table where the kettle had been overnight. The lower seam appears to have a slow leak. I filled the kettle and checked it after an hour, and there was a puddle in the fire base. Is there a way to seal this? I love the Kelly Kettle, but not this leak.

Sincerely, HD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And the swift response, and other correspondence:

Hi HD

Firstly, my sincerest apologies for the slight delay in replying to your mail.
    I am sorry to hear that your New Stainless Steel Kettle is leaking at the bottom seam.
    Thankfully, leaks with our new Stainless Steel Kettle are virtually non existent so I look forward to getting this problem resolved for you and expect that you will not have any problem with the replacement kettle.

Can you e-mail me with your original Purchase Order Number please and I'll arrange to have a new body part of the kettle sent to you. I trust that the fire base is fine - albeit blackened from a few boils.

Again, sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the leaky kettle.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards ,

Patrick

--
    Patrick Kelly
    Director

Kelly Kettle Company
    www.kellykettle.com
    info@kellykettle.com
    Tel: ++353 87 2864321

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I couldn't find the purchase number, so I wrote to explain this. In response I got this.

Subject: Re: Kelly Kettle Company: stainless steel Kelly Kettle leak

Hi HD,

That is perfect - the date was all I needed.
    your Order No. was XXXX

I will arrange to have have a new body part for the kettle shipped within the next couple of days. Please allow 21 days for delivery.
    Apologies again for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I trust that you will have no problem at all with the new kettle.

Kind regards from Ireland,

Patrick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Exactly 21 days later my new replacement kettle arrived. I filled it with water and let it sit on the stove for days. As promised, No leak. I still use the old leaking one, since the leak is very small, but any leak was unacceptable to the Kelly Kettle Company. They went out of their way to help me out, and I am tickled as I can be with my Kelly Kettles. Great company, great product, great customer service.[​IMG]

HD

Dont, Ganado, Brokor and 6 others like this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Thanks for this thread Bear. It's about time to be breaking out the winter gear.

Have you considered how well the Kelly Kettle will sit atop a Top Lit Updraft (TLUD) stove? I camp in lots of places with no wood, (just sand) or where I can't bring outside wood in. This makes the combination of wood pellet fed TLUD and Kelly Kettle a most excellent option for meal prep. Be warned though, too hot a fire will melt the aluminum legs off the pot stand.

HD

Ganado and Bear like this.
  5. RangerRick

RangerRick RangerRick-North Idaho Oath Keeper

Bear still have this? Maybe a package deal with the camel back. what else do you have that I need . Christmas is coming.
    RangerRick -North Idaho

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

kellory and Ganado like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Brokor
  3. Bishop
  4. Bishop
  5. Bishop
  6. Brokor
  7. Brokor
  8. Zombie