Semi Auto MP5 22LR

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Apr 28, 2008.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<table cellpadding="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">http://www.impactguns.com/store/892756002007.html

GSG5, Semi Auto MP5, 22LR, Scaled Down Rifle, 22 Rd Mags

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> [​IMG] </td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="100%"> Price: $499.99
    <small> Manufacturer: GERMAN SPORT GUNS
    Manufacturer Item #: GSG5
    Impact Item #: 892756002007
    <!-- [​IMG] Extra shipping charge
    --> Out of stock: Taking orders now Accepting orders.
    </small>
    <nobr> <!-- ADD TO CART --> [Add to Cart] [Add to Wishlist] [View Cart] </nobr>
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left">
    Fixed Stock Version
    System: Semi-Auto
    Caliber: .22 lr HV
    Magazine capacity: 10 or 24 rounds
    Weight: 4.9 lb
    Length Over All: 26.7 inches
    Barrel Length: 7.7 inches
    The GSG-5 in cal. .22lr is a product of German Sport Guns (GSG), with its location in Ense-Höingen / Germany.
    The GSG-5 was designed and constructed by a team which use 3D Cadcam Technology.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

</td></tr></tbody></table>

2. E.L.

After shooting the real deal this weekend this looks like a fun, viable, and cheaper alternative. The last day or so I have started reading reviews, and I will try to post the links. This weekend at the suppressor shoot Gemtech brought one out that they are selling internally suppressed, so no fake silencer, and it isn't a SBR. Unfortunately I left prior to seeing it or I would have pics. As such, I will just post the pics and links from Silencer Research.com.

http://www.silencerresearch.com/gemtech's_gsd-5.htm

http://demigodllc.com/articles/gsg-5-mp5-in-22-lr/
    "Just Like the MP-5, But in .22!"
    Here's a brief review of the GSG-5, after about a week hands-on with the rifle. In a few months when we've flogged it with tens of thousands of rounds, I'll write a follow-up to this article giving our long-term impressions and conclusions about the GSG-5, and a bunch more SBR/suppressor options. Enjoy!

<center>
    </center>

3. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Can anyone give me a brief overview on what kind of hassle it takes to get a class 3? I've sort of fallen in love with the Walther P22 w/ silencer.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have reduced the hassle to writing a check by creating a living trust for purchasing NFA weapons. This eliminated the back-ground check, fingerprint card and chief LEO sign-off and now nobody knows what I got except me and the tax-man. Takes much less time to process too.

5. E.L.

Same here, but I modified that to wanting a Sig Mosquito instead of the Walther after shooting the Sig.

6. MikeC

MikeC Monkey+++

Living trust for nfa items -
    Can you expand on the process for this - did you create the trust on your own or through an attorney?

Thanks!

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thought the mosquito had aquired a bad rep,gander had one usedfor around $400 around xmas,felt great in the hand,(not too small).(like alot of rimfires).
    but I found alot of bad comments across the web; It or a berretta 87 would be pretty cool...How about 1911 rimfire conversion kits any good?

8. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I wanted to get one when they first came out but decided to wait until I heard reports from others on the boards before taking the plunge. Quit posting stuff I want and reminding me I'm too broke at the moment. It's my understanding that a lot of folks are still waiting for rifles that were pre-ordered months ago. Not sure if I would want the suppressed barrel, I think I'd like the option to switch cans from one gun to next. I would imagine that would just make me want more cans eventually. What do I know I'm still wanting my first suppessor.

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

there are a few of them listed on Gunbroker

10. E.L.

I have read good and bad about them, but the one I shot functioned flawlessly. Buds has the threaded barrel versions for $327 delivered. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/51/products_id/50934 I like it better than the P22, and the P22 is really limited from what I read on silencerreview.com

I like the Beretta 87's but at $600-750 without the threaded barrel they don't look so good.

Some of the 1911 rimfire kits are okay, but I would rather have a dedicated .22 not using one of my 1911 lowers.

11. E.L.

I thought that is what friends were for.

I am not sure about ordered availability, but as SC said there are quite a few on Gunbroker.

My first can is going to be a removable one I can use on a .22 pistol or 10/22. The .22 cans are the best bang for the buck. Almost silent. I also saw one can tested on a bolt .308 with subsonic ammunition that was in the same kind db range as a suppressed .22. Incredible.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7